Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

nitro vee

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 01:32 PM
dirt kicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro vee

hi all

i am a first time boater and have had elecs but hate the fact that i can only spend 20 min at the lake and a cant drive anymore so want to get into nitro i have heard allot about the traxxas nitro vee and have heard some good and some not so good on it. I really like the EZ-start and the RTS feature any help is much appreciated thanks. dirt kicker[8D]
Old 09-10-2008, 02:46 PM
THEguzzler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nitro vee

You should head on over to the nitro vee forums. There's a wealth of knowledge on there. Just read from page one. Everyone that's on that forum has modified they NV's to some extent, some of them being really extreme mods. Most modifications contain full detail, so it should be easy to follow.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3792740/tm.htm]Click Here [/link]

Some essential mods:

-CHANGE THE PLASTIC U-JOINT! the white one connecting the driveshaft to the propshaft
-Change the prop
-Upgrade the water cooling lines

Once You've gotten the boat to run reliably, scrap the RTS system. If your boat runs reliably, you'll have no use for it since the only time you'd normally be "disabled" is when the boat flips over.