Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

NEW GO-ENGINE PICS tc-31

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

NEW GO-ENGINE PICS tc-31

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:19 AM
jerj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW GO-ENGINE PICS tc-31

Sleve is fine it must be the shaft I took pics and sent it into the company. we'll see if they pull through. I cant imagine what all might be wrong with a motor that ran with that severe of a shake. I hope I get a hole new one.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Dan S

jerj,

so after removing the flywheel and the cone spacer you rotated the crank and the crank still had a wobble?

Can you put up some pics?

Dan.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:44 PM
jerj

its the shaft closer to the threads it wouldn't be visible in the pics its like a millimeter or two off but thats enough over the length of a collet etc to see visible wobble.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:01 AM
JWMods

a millimeter is .040", thats a heck of a bend,, bent even that much probably would stop you from seating the crank in the case with bearings installed.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:51 AM
misshydro

If I was you,I wouldnt take a chance with that motor.. I would replace it.. It should be under warnatie....
Old 10-10-2008, 05:54 PM
jerj

I've contacted go-marine and its been three days just awaiting there reply... they requested pics etc. I'll keep you all posted
Old 10-10-2008, 06:01 PM
misshydro

I keep bugging them!! persistence pays!!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:20 PM
jerj

Old 10-14-2008, 09:40 PM
misshydro

Got an idea to fix there boat!!! Tell Go its is there defect,/bad crank. and has nothing to do with your header and colector.. tell them if they dont backup there warranty we'll post on all RC boat websites about there bad deals and there defective motors.... That should get there attenion!!![X(]
Old 10-14-2008, 10:09 PM
misshydro

Ok sombody pointed somthing out to me and I relooked at this letter.. Where did you buy that motor from?? in the US??
Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 AM
jerj

I received an email from Go-engines and they are more than happy to return the engine, it must have been dropped or something crazy and mis shipped cuz this sort of thing doesn't happen to hardened steel and I'm sure wouldn't pass inspection. I'm still faithfull in Go-engines. I was directed to return this engine to the dealer for a new one. I'm happy now.

To all reading this forums are a great way to learn things and market small companies. but if some one says anything bad about walmart on a forum it means nothing but when some one cuts down a small up and coming company like I did it can hurt. So I would like to apologize for my loss of control, and state Go is pulling there weight and seems to be completely strait forward. I'm sure we all get sick of typing at some time and cant butter every word at the end of a long day. I know I can't.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:22 AM
misshydro

Ok,jerj from reading that letter,it got sombody stink written all over it!!!!!!![X(] Who,would be checking out your post![&:]Go wouldnt be checking your thread ! I bet it's T** him self and his side kicks cronies...[:'(]Got a acouple of PM's tell me they think its him too.. I didnt want to say anthing last night but I bet I'm wright..[>:] Plus you wont say where did you bought it from eighter..[X(] Well I hope you do get your replacement motor..let us know what happends..[8D]
Old 10-15-2008, 02:38 PM
black talon
My Feedback: (5)

well that tells us where you got your motor from! he gets his jollys lording over people when all they want is the dealer to fulfill their obligations. this go franchise is going to turn into another MH$,watch!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:42 PM
jerj

First off its not "That company" I bought the motor from FunRCBoats.com and have not yet had a chance to speak with them but Go-Marine was more than happy to arrange an exchange for me They did all the leg work with FunRC Boats all's I have to do is ship it back.

Thats pretty good service from Go.
There was simply a misunderstanding in verbage, and all is kosher now.

Oh yeah EVERYONE "That company" is not in any relationship to GO-Engines. They are there own entity I did much checking... Go-engines did buy ad space with "That Companies forum". As many companies do, and I believe that forum is doing pretty good for a new start up, I was kicked off in early summer because I was in search of decent info on the tc31 and ONLY received posts from one person! "That Companies Owner" and they were very pointed responses and not very informative, so I shot back stating there forum sucked... because the PURPOSE of any forum is to get AS MANY ideas as possible to better help you/us make a educated decision, yes? So in short Don't talk crap "without all the facts" it can come back and bite you, when you may need them.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:08 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jerj

First off its not "That company" I bought the motor from FunRCBoats.com and have not yet had a chance to speak with them but Go-Marine was more than happy to arrange an exchange for me They did all the leg work with FunRC Boats all's I have to do is ship it back.

Thats pretty good service from Go.
There was simply a misunderstanding in verbage, and all is kosher now.

Oh yeah EVERYONE "That company" is not in any relationship to GO-Engines. They are there own entity I did much checking... Go-engines did buy ad space with "That Companies forum". As many companies do, and I believe that forum is doing pretty good for a new start up, I was kicked off in early summer because I was in search of decent info on the tc31 and ONLY received posts from one person! "That Companies Owner" and they were very pointed responses and not very informative, so I shot back stating there forum sucked... because the PURPOSE of any forum is to get AS MANY ideas as possible to better help you/us make a educated decision, yes? So in short Don't talk crap "without all the facts" it can come back and bite you, when you may need them.
LMAO..... not to shoot you down there jerj, but if you only got one pointy.non-informative response, from the pointy headed "company Owner", why would you need them in the first place....there ARE other forums that will let you express your thoughts WITHOUT FEAR of being booted ........ [8D] I've enjoyed watching this build-up and mod, don't spoil it by sayin you need to go to THAT forum for info you can gleam here or elsewhere.... by the way,I too was booted off that juvenile forum for bein a threat to the owners butt-buddies non-official speed record...what a joke... [sm=lol.gif] and as far as "needing them...LMAO...what?? are you gonna order parts from them .....lol.... [:-]
Old 10-15-2008, 08:14 PM
jerj

Never said that but thanks for a reply, I simply stated that forum is doing better now and has more members so the opinion base is larger so less pointy headed peeps are involved.

give peace a chance, I'm stressed out enough at work to get stressed over this stuff !!!! vote Obama!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:20 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm all for peace,but the sucka still owes me..... [>:] , let us know how it goes,like i said ,i myself and other's are watching this build for info "down the road" good luck....
Old 10-15-2008, 08:47 PM
jerj

WILL DO!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Dan S

jerj,

all that matters is that your getting a new engine for replacement.

and on a positive note we have over 375 thousand member on RCU, just general info, heck I didn't even know we had that many.

Dan.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:13 PM
misshydro

give peace a chance, I'm stressed out enough at work to get stressed over this stuff !!!! vote Obama! Oh boy the world is in trouble then!!!![X(] Bet they might be getting there motors threw you know who?? He might be the maine distributer in the US? If So thats not good!!Go makes two different versions of there motors. The non race motor arent paint black and had raised lettering on there blocks and pullstarters.Tthe race motors have a metal stickers on the block side,and painted black blocks without pull starters[:'(] I hope you get your motor without any proublems.. Let us know what happends. Saw a couple of his cronies checking this thread out!! I know who they are too..[>:]
Old 10-15-2008, 10:21 PM
jerj

Boy I thought I was trouble, I spoke to go-engines and they do there own distributing. Heard it from the horses mouth. "making a horse noise now" no not Mr. ed a real horse noise.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:24 PM
misshydro

ya they do. But who they have for US distribitors???Thats the big question?? Re read what I'd said about Go making two versions of there motors...I'd re edit my reply..
Old 10-15-2008, 10:32 PM
jerj

May need to talk to the McCain camp about that I'm not as good with the under the table dealings.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:45 AM
black talon
My Feedback: (5)

i too had the rug pulled out from under me on,'the zone',and i was the only one contributing under two headings.it is nice now to be able to post my opinion without people reacting like you burned their bible. now whats really important.i am waiting to find out how that GO.28 does because i have a DPI T-PLUS i want to put it into.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:49 AM
yolanda

hallo jerj. i dont want to talk bad about the go motor. in my club we are racing the tc 31 and the sw36 in the junior offshore class. 2 guys change to the go rear exhaust motor and problems from the start. if they get the go to run it is faster then the dyn .32 but they are hard to tune. the other part you mentioned was the flex cable. PRO BOAT FLEX CABLE SUCK. after i lost my first prop 3 years ago i changed to a prather cable and so far after 2 years clubb racing i have not broke or lost a prop. where can i get hold off the 500 deg silicone tubbing i need some for my gass boat. i hope you get your boat right.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23250.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1054927  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.