Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

NEW

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 03:17 PM
kyle 9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW

alright. i dont really have a clue about, rc boating. I have a toy one that looks like a fountain peir 57. Anyways, the thing i want to know is... do u guys make your own canopies or cockpits. Like on this site, i see alot alot of nice boats like this one

http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/ga...ubgaltype%3D38

Now was that custom made? If i end up getting a boat, i want one to be a catamaran, but with that type of canopy. Not one like the blackjack.

This is probably hard to understand, and im sorry, but its jsut i know nothing about model boating, and i wish i did.

If u can answer this it would be great. Thanks

Old 02-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: NEW

No, I figured out what you're saying.
That's a Vern Kilmer hull a.k.a. Forabuck on eBay and it comes that way except for the lame wing on the rear. It's what is known as a "Splashed" hull, in other words a boat that someone made a mold of from the original, in this case an Expresscraft hull and is selling the hulls on eBay.
You're in a good area for boating as just outside of Windsor is a nice racing pond alongside 401, the Thames Model Boat Club.
Keep asking questions and browse the forums.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:57 PM
kyle 9

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

No, I figured out what you're saying.
That's a Vern Kilmer hull a.k.a. Forabuck on eBay and it comes that way except for the lame wing on the rear. It's what is known as a "Splashed" hull, in other words a boat that someone made a mold of from the original, in this case an Expresscraft hull and is selling the hulls on eBay.
You're in a good area for boating as just outside of Windsor is a nice racing pond alongside 401, the Thames Model Boat Club.
Keep asking questions and browse the forums.
alright thank you... and do u have a website for Thames Model Boat Club. I cant find any info on wear it is located. Thanks
Old 02-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Dan S

Kyle,

get in touch with Mike Hallam at [email protected]

you can also check his web site, http://www.hallammarinehobby.com/

also check the links on his page, (wolverine Oakland MBC).

Mike will be able to point you in the right direction.

Dan.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:29 PM
TCHedOff

Mike is a heck of nice & helpful guy (My .21 is one of his riggers). Just a vote of confidence for him.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Dan S

Totally agree.

Dan.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Rocket-J
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kyle.
To answer your quetion, you can make your own canopy or check out some of the model manufactures. Many sell canopies seperate from their hulls. If you haven't bought a Cat hull yet, see if there is one you like, ready made. Aeromarine Laminates has a good selection on Cats. Proboat has a Thunder Cat that may look like what you want. Google up these names to find out more. Many of these hulls can be purchased with or without engines or hardware. Have fun.