Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

boaters from new hampshire?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

boaters from new hampshire?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:41 PM
natureboy79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boaters from new hampshire?

anyone on this forum from New Hampshire?I found only 4 hobby shops in the state and was wondering if anybody is boating around here.really want to get into this and looking for clubs,shops or any rc resources available.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:07 AM
TCHedOff

Default RE: boaters from new hampshire?

These are from the IMPBA website (dont know which of these would be closest to you):

Chestnut Ridge Model Boat Club
Eden, New York
President: Timothy O'Connor
2249 Shadagee Road
Eden, NY 14057
(716) 627-1173
[email protected]

Southern Tier NY RC Model Boaters
Horseheads, New York
http://www.stnyrcmbc.com
President: Pete Forcier
797 Chambers Rd.
Horseheads, NY 14845
607-739-3451
[email protected]

Western New York R/C Boat Racers
Buffalo, New York
President: Hank Pyrciak
187 Tracy Lane
Grand Island, NY 14072
716-773-9327
[email protected]

There are also some clubs in Ontario and Pittsburg.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Mr.Freeze

I live in Vermont right next door your welcome to come over my way anytime. I run on lake St. Catherine in Wells, just west of Rutland. No club or official affiliation, just a bunch of rednecks rippin up the water.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the NAMBA web site and look at District 11 and the District 11 web page. Richard Grenier, our District Director lives in NH and will be glad to guide you to a club. I'm in Connecticut but we New Englanders all race together here in CT, North Rollinsford NH, Sanford Maine any any other site that is appropriate.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Dan S

I believe there is a race in NH the weekend of 27, 28 of June.
We may be there.

Dan.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Square Nozzle

NAMBA District 11 race in Connecticut is June 6th. New Hampshire (North Rollinsford), June 27th. We run our District races on Saturdays so don't show up on Sunday thinking it's a weekend event. You'll be disappointed.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Dan S

lol,

thanks John.

correct, the race is the 27, the 28 is the day we are coming back, I put one to many days in the post.

Dan.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Lakeside518

Can someone post up a link to these races in CT and NH? I am familar with the Southern Tier group but not aware of this club in NH or CT. Need more info on these races. Where they are being held, what time is registration, etc etc. I am located near Albany NY. I have a nitro tunnel and Deep vee boat.

Thanks

Kris
Old 04-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Square Nozzle

Kris, look at the NAMBA web site under Districts. Then go to District 11. In the District 11 section you'll see District 11 "Web Site". All that is known to date is in there. As I said before, all our races are on Saturdays. Registration is normally handled at the race site the morning of the race. The only problem with this format is we require 3 boats to make a class to race so if for instance you have a Cracker Box and only one other CB is registered there will be no Cracker Box class races. However the district has introduced an open class for Mono and hydro style hulls so that gives the example Cracker Box another option. Your tunnel would fit into the Open Hydro category since other than the 'A' classes, nitro power is very scarce. Try to get there and register before 9 AM. Flyers with driving directions and race particulars will usually show up on the web site when the race date is near. I will be your contact for the races in Connecticut and someplace in this forum I have provided driving directions to Mansfield Hollow State Park and our race site.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:11 PM
advanced builder

Kris
I live in CNY just a little west of Syracuse. I just mailed my membership application into the IMPBA TODAY There was the Syracuse Nitro burrners .I have sent out a few emails to them no return. not many others . [ YOU ARE STILL ADDING ] I also emailed the club in Elmira today. Will get back on that one Conn is about 3-4 hrs away .i think would love to come .I do some summer pt work, but can find some time to travel Gas is steadily going up again, did any one notice. I will find the time to RUN Dan I spent all my early youth living on the Sea way in Canada That is where I first saw them [speed boats] running back and forth to Cornwall Ontario Been hooked since then. http://www.stnyrcmbc.com/1.html
Elmira has been great at adding impba members, all welcome SEE YOU THERE !