Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

engine placement for kb 7.5ob

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

engine placement for kb 7.5ob

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 12:50 PM
bobdog262

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine placement for kb 7.5ob

hi guys bob here from wis.. well i gotta problem. i purchased a tunnel off ebay new engine i mean brand new good runner good boat.. xcept where the engine wants to be on this hull it hits the sponsons and i cant get a turn radius i need any one ever seen this b4.. how do i fix pull engine awat from transon with a speacial mount??i got some pics mayb this will help ...ps anyone know what boat this is its 36 "long
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54009.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1178694   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26488.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1178695   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54321.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1178696  
Old 04-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Mogrits

Default RE: engine placement for kb 7.5ob

You may need something like this [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD583&P=6]Dubro Engine Mount.[/link]

I'm not sure how far back it will move the motor but it allows for raising the engine and tilting it for proper trim. If it doesn't move it back far enough you can make a wooden or plastic spacer and bolt the mount to the spacer. Either way to have any adjustment you will need the Dubro mount.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:48 PM
bobdog262

Thank you for the input mogrits bur believe it or not the boat runs so sweet i dont have to mess wit the angle it has such a pretty foot print not flighty jus rock solid rooster bet 35 otta the stock k&b with 10% heli fuel i have with 18% oil but the turn suks was or is it normal to have to put the motor so far away will this mess up the way it is runnin now jus movin the motor bak 3 inches??
Old 04-12-2009, 08:51 PM
bobdog262

also i paid 186 for the boat engine a radio a fishin reel w/tennis ball and 2 props good deal........
Old 04-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Mogrits

I guess your boat was designed to have the large turning radius. (Restricted engine movement). On the bright side- you got a great deal and you won't have to worry about flipping the boat by turning too sharply. If you think you'd have to offset the engine 3" to gain in movement then I have to say that's not the way to go. Leave as is and have fun.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:50 AM
bobdog262

i know i should jus run it but drag isnt to fun it has like a 70 yard radius wen at mill speed lol.. i was jus talkin crap also 3 inches is alot i need mayb 1 or 1and a half inches of mount bak to get a lot more turn can i do that
Old 04-14-2009, 09:08 AM
joe rocket

I would put an adjustable mount on it.That would give you some movement up,down,in,out and back. The farther back you place it the better it will turn.I think a new mount will help and it would be worth it. just my 2 cents
Old 04-14-2009, 05:37 PM
bobdog262

ty for the input im interested in any ideas im an old schooler with alot of old boats and i really have concentrated on airplanes the last 12 years...i picked up some aluminum strock for a mount any ideas guys any 1 seen any made i can copy or im jus gonna wing it and try..ill show ya wat i came up with tomorrow
still no one says they have ever seen a boat like this...
Old 04-17-2009, 08:10 AM
joe rocket

There is the exact same tunnel on ebay and it has a prather mount on it. That looks like it will solve your problem.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It looks like a vintage Prather hull.
As far as getting the engine back, not only does Du-Bro make a mount but so does Octura and that one has just a little more set-back than the Du-Bro.
I'm not a fan of the Prather mount and it's too much hassle to make simple adjustments.
The OB could stand to be raised up at least anthoer 1/4" or more. Dump some higher percentage nitro in it and that will really wake up.