Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Tuning temps sv27

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Tuning temps sv27

Old 04-28-2009, 04:28 PM
suprapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning temps sv27

hello,

i got a digital temp reader to help me with tunign my sv27..

My boat is all stock, and i am wondering what is a normal temp to set as a goal when im tuning...

So far it hasnt been too calm so i havent got a chance to tune with the boat running WOT for most of the time.. AS it is now with the boat running mostly half throttle with a few short wot sprints i am seeing something like 150 degrees....of course this is pretty hard to do with a boat since it takes some time to get it out of the water and open it up to test the temp...i see anywhere from 135 to 155 once i get it back to the bench and it cools very very quickly...within 1 minute its down to 100 degrees...

The conditions on the day i did this was about 85 degree air temps with hot sun (so it felt like 100) and about 60-65 degree water....

ok just wonderin if anyone has nay tips or sugestions on what temps i should be looking for...

Before the temp guage i just tuned my nitro vehicles by the sound of the engine

thanks
Anthony