Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

RANT Miss Vegas JUNK MOTOR!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

RANT Miss Vegas JUNK MOTOR!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:28 PM
warsawrcboat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RANT Miss Vegas JUNK MOTOR!

Ok after only running 4-5 Tanks of fuel thro my motor on my miss vegas She Blows a Rod!!! has any one els had this prob? Also what do you guys think of the proboat .18??
Old 07-13-2009, 12:21 AM
malicent

Default RE: RANT Miss Vegas JUNK MOTOR!

send back your motor, you got a bad one thats it. way better than proboat. im thinking there was a different issue here like maybe you were too lean, could have been a bad bearing, who knows but i would give aqu another shot!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:42 AM
toyotatruckin

agree, if its an engine problem send it in-one good thing to do on a new engine is pull it down, clean it up good, inspect everything ,oil it up and put it back together before you even run it..
Old 07-13-2009, 02:00 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I have to agree with ^^^^^^
I have a brand new CMB .67 sitting in one of my boats that I was told not to even turn over until AFTER I tear it down and clean it up.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:30 AM
Sean Bowf

ORIGINAL: malicent

send back your motor, you got a bad one thats it. way better than proboat. im thinking there was a different issue here like maybe you were too lean, could have been a bad bearing, who knows but i would give aqu another shot!!!
Or over revving on the bench... If the OP is used to planes or buggies...boats are different. You can't rev up the engine more than a short blip on the shore. The motor has no load and can break a rod if you do.

Sean
Old 07-13-2009, 06:58 AM
RaceCraftRC

I like the dynamite's found in the Proboats , but I have no reason not to like the .18 in my Miss Vegas, they both start easy and even someone noobish like my self have been able to get and keep both of them in tune. Has stated earlier you probable just got a bad one!! it happens just send her back! I believe you will find Tower's return dept very easy to deal with.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:53 AM
mike walker

Like stated above I have two mv boats had minor probs, never been treated better or faster
Old 07-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Big Cap Guy

Yeah, mine lasted for about a 1/2 gallon of nitro. Never got it to run worth a crap anyway. Matter of fact I had to buy another one way bearing on the pull start because it wore out having to crank it so much. Ended up putting in the real OS .18 CVR-M, broke it in carefully and now my MV runs like a scalded dog. Personally, I think the AQU .18 is junk. Save your fingers from blisters from the pull start and get a real motor. You will be enjoying your MV for sure. I ended up having to build a better radio box because the stock one leaked and the ears cracked off where the top bolts on. Turned out pretty good and works very well.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80022.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1239569  
Old 07-19-2009, 01:01 AM
warsawrcboat

well i ditched the stock auqa motor. and ended up with the proboat .18 still braking that motor in. only got 2 tanks thro it. Hey thats a dang nice raido box let me know what you would want to make another one like that.. i like it alot.!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Big Cap Guy

It's really quite easy to build. I used aircraft ply and basswood strips around the top for the screws to bite into. Then cut a peice of lexan 1/8th in thick for the top. Used Great Planes sealing tape for the seal. This box is narrower and lower than stock plus it weighs less than stock. Just fab it up and use generous amounts of clear polyurethane to seal the wood from moisture. This one will not leak period. I have sat for a full race uside down in the water with no problems. Here's a few more pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87373.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1240385   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16519.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1240386  
Old 07-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Join the group. My Aquacraft .18 in my SV 27 also tossed a rod. I always ran the needle a little on the fat side and had probably a gallon of fuel through it. Instead of hassling with Aquacraft I had my LHS order me a new one at around $8.00. They're easy to swap out but have to be cleaned very well to get any pieces of broken con rod out.
The problem seems to be where the oil holes in the rod are located. A brass bushing might have spun also or the oil hole was just located in a weak spot.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:34 PM
malicent

I do like your radio box, nice work, but remember it might have been easy for you but not others! once again nice work!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:13 AM
warsawrcboat

Ron i would have tryed to put a new rod in it but the shavings got up past the pistion and sleeve and put grooves in it. so it junked the hole motor...
Old 08-11-2009, 02:42 PM
matt420

the motors are only 52 bucks now just replace it put in the .12/.15 CV crank, and the cvr back plate to get rid of the pull start and good to go
Old 08-12-2009, 05:52 AM
warsawrcboat

Well after a few tAnks thro the proboat motor I noticed it sucked so I got there auq.18 and I'm braking it in now. I also orders the supertiger .18 for it. We will see how this one runs
Old 08-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Dan S

I have both engines for my Vegas.
Still have the Aqub 18 and in 3 1/3 years and a load of gallons only replaced one set of bearings and still on the same pull start.
also been running the CVR-M, running strong, same amount of time, replaced bearings, P/L, crank.

Dan.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:44 AM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was waiting for that dynomite 18 install, he he he a bit under powered eah......