Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Propeller help!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Propeller help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 07:04 PM
hydroracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Propeller help!

Iwas wondering if somebody could help me..Iam looking for the Octura props that will fit these boats:

Proboat Shockwave 36

Miss Elam 1/12 scale

Miss Vegas Deuce

Iam wanting to find numbers for the 2 blade plastic as well as the bryillian?? not sure the spelling..

also the three blade bryllian..

Thanks for the help in advance...

Old 12-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Propeller help!

For the Shockwave, try an M-445/3. We did some testing on a Thunder Cat and it gave us the best speed out of what I had handy in my box of props. I know others have tried it out on the Shockwaves also.
On the Elam, most are running the Y-535. I don't know what the current hot prop in on the Deuce, possibly the same. Check the Aquacraft site for recommendations as to what they're advising. You can't go wrong with one of Grim Racer's props as the are fairly sharp and well balanced out of the package.
It's Beryllium Copper just so that you know. You were close, closer than I've seen others trying to spell it.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Sublime_Slayer

Hey there,

I am currently running the Octura Y535 on my 1/12 Miss Elam nitro and it seems to be the one. I have tried the Y536 but feel that it may be just a tad too much bite, still testing it though. My buddy has the Miss Vegas Deuce and is running a Grimracer 36X55 and that thing is scooting along pretty darn well. The Grimracer 36X55 would fall in between the Octura Y535 and Y536 as far as load factor on the engine. In fact, I am thinking about picking one up and trying it on my Miss Elam. Who knows, we'll see.
If you are going to pick up some props I would stay with a metal one for sure. Keep it sharpened and balanced and you'll be ok. I don't know if it is worth it to buy plastic or composite props. Nothing like having to replace a prop because it shattered on the last run. You should get less cavitation with a metal prop as compared to a plastic or composite prop. Good luck, hope I helped a little.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:54 PM
lancer367

The props recommended are probably the best. Just wanted to say from experience that you may want to stay away from plastic and composite. Whenever I have run them if the prop ever leaves the water as soon as it hits they break. Metal are the best and actually cheaper in the long run.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:49 PM
hydroracer

Thank you so much guys..I am going to forget the plastic ones and stck with the metal..Thanks!