Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Plans?plans?plans?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Plans?plans?plans?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:13 PM
R.Chando

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans?plans?plans?

plans. I have been trying to get saome plans for Cigarette boats or Nitro I want something around 55" and I cannot find anthing what "s up with the internet I thought you could find anything around here, any one who can help I would appreciate it,ocme on guys give me a helping hand as I am new to the sp[ort I have several planes and I am, getting out of planes I have a big pond in front of my house so I dont have to go to the flying field anmore
Old 01-17-2010, 08:17 PM
toyotatruckin

Default RE: Plans?plans?plans?

Up scale the wild thing mono its on the plans page of my site, go over to model gas boats there is a different mono hull but its close to a wild thing in the way it looks there are tons of small electric hydro plans out there and a revision of jerry dunlaps cracker box is free for the taking on the net, But coming from planes to boats your options are very limited in comparison.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:44 AM
zippkitrunner

zippkits.com they have an awsome kit called EASY VEE i believe it is 48in for 59 bucks and go to youtube and type in easy vee check it out
Old 01-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I really don't know if there are any plans for a boat that big. If there are, they're on sites that aren't allowed to be linked to from this site.
55" is a lot of boat to haul around unless you've got the ride to do it with like a truck or roomy mini-van. My Lazer 45 takes up a lot more room in my SUV than I thought that it would.
The EZ-Vee isn't a bad buy and will fit in whatever you have.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUMEjL81JmM[/youtube]
Old 01-18-2010, 03:39 PM
chief3452

After reading your post, I see you mentioned your desire to build a 55" nitro boat. I think you'll find it takes a substantial nitro powerplant to move a 55" hull, maybe even twins. If you haven't priced big block marine nitro engines lately you might be in for a shock. Have you considered a gas engine project? If so, the previously mentioned designs would be great choices. The Zippkit Easy V is so inexpensive, I'm not sure you could build it cheaper from plans due to the high cost of the plywood. Hope this helps.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:42 AM
masemeach

i have an easy vee from zipp kits. i have just finished the hull and looking for some hardware for it. i was wonder if anyone new what would be the best set up for this boat. i am putting in a zenoha260 or a rcmk 254 evo motor. i was wondering if anyone would know if the stinger drive is the right drive for this boat? also what wher i can find this drive and other parts on the cheaper side? thanks masemeach

Old 03-10-2010, 12:59 AM
Ron Olson

Check Joe's site as he does carry hardware for his kits and it'll be hard to find cheaper prices. The stuff isn't half bad as I spent around $120.00 or so last year at his booth in Toledo on hardware.
The boat runs best with a stock or mildly modded engine. An RCMK would be a handful in it but fun!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:08 AM
masemeach

what is joe's website?
Old 03-10-2010, 01:20 AM
Ron Olson

www.zippkits.com
Old 03-10-2010, 01:29 AM
masemeach

yea. i have gotten 2 boats from him and they have been great kits. im now trying to find some hardware to run on the easy vee. and to see if anyone know what works best in that hull. thanks for the motor info, i dont know if i want a hard to handel boat so i might just stay with the 260.