Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

thunder tiger - no fuel??

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

thunder tiger - no fuel??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 03:19 PM
boydog40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thunder tiger - no fuel??

my thunder tiger 3.5 is not getting any fuel, all fuel lines are clear, but when i put my finger over the carb to prime, no fuel comes to the carb? I can squirt some in the carb and crank the engine but still wont prime???
let me know what you guys think
thanks
Old 03-18-2010, 03:24 PM
rcguy1411

Default RE: thunder tiger - no fuel??

i would look for an air lieak in the tank or the fuel lines then i would take the carb off and clean it may have gummed up over the winter
Old 03-18-2010, 08:03 PM
fastpepper

when i first started to run my boat. i had problems with the fuel lines at the nipple by the tank. it was pinched.
also make sure the fuel is able to run from the bottom nipple on the tank to the carb. ( gravity might not let it sometimes )
good luck!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:38 PM
misshydro

one are you starting it wright?? I had that proublem,because I'd started mine wrong..Those nitro motors turn counter clock wise....
Old 03-18-2010, 09:57 PM
boydog40

with fuel squirted into the carb manually it started but no fuel came into the line
Old 03-18-2010, 10:05 PM
misshydro

how far do you have your high speed needle set at? I got mine at 2 1/2-3 turns out.if that dont work take the carb apart to clear it out just incase theres any dirt or gunk in the carb and needle area..
Old 03-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

OK, seeing how you're new here and we haven't gotting to know you yet so we don't know what your level of experience is, I just have to ask these questions so don't feel insulted.
Is you fuel system pressurized? How's the glow plug, getting a nice orange glow when you hit it with an ignitor? Have you tried blowing through the pressure line to see if everything is clear and that the carb can get fuel?
One little tip with TT engines, don't mess with the low-speed needle, only the high-speed one.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:59 PM
boydog40

been a member since 2005, by no means an expert tho!! weekend runner! our dam on the lake we live on busted and drained the lake, just now filling back up!!!! I have had 4 outboards and 1 inboard in the past sold them all when the dam busted but kept the thunder tiger. brought the ole thunder tiger boat back out,it has a pro-21r, it fired off with fuel sprayed in the carb, i blew thru the lines toward the tank and all are clear,i pulled on the line to the carb and fuel came up with me sucking on it, but when i blow on the carb line to the carb, no luck, am guessing the carb is stopped up as well as the needle is closed,pulled the carb and will clean it tomorrow and advise
thanks for all the suggestions
Old 03-19-2010, 11:39 AM
MarTay6

This might sound like a dumb question, but are you sure your fuel line is hooked to the pickup line on your tank and not the vent??
edit: Ahhh, I see where you did draw on the fuel line- and saw fuel come up the line. That eliminates that possibility!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:29 PM
boydog40

ok finally got around to taking the carb apart and cleaning, put all back together and getting fuel fine =) now it wont start =(, does anyone on here have a Thunder Tiger carb set up manual or can tell me adjustments I need to do, like I said its getting plenty of fuel and glowplug is getting hot, has to be adjustment huh? is there somewhere I can download a manual?
thanks guys for all previous help
Old 03-26-2010, 06:10 PM
rcguy1411

try this [link]http://www.tiger.com.tw/product/9567.html[/link]should thave what you want
Old 03-26-2010, 07:42 PM
amrharrymac
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Yah,
Here is part of the starting procedure for a K&B 11cc: With the tank full of fuel, fuel line attached to the carburetor, radio on and glow plug and washer removed, fully open the carburetor venturi, and with your finger covering the carburetor venturi, spin the engine until fuel sprays out of the glow plug hole. Remove your finger and continue to spin the engine until only a fine spray comes out of the glow plug hole. This primes the engine. Now close the carburetor venturi to the start/idle position, replace the glow plug and washer, connect the glow plug battery wires to the glow plug, and spin the engine again. This time, do not cover the venturi. The engine should fire and run. We recommend that you start your engine close to the waters edge so that you will not have far to walk with the engine running.

I have read other procedures that say to put your finger over the end of the exhaust pipe without the glow plug connected and spin it over to pressurize the fuel tank; you can't do this with a stock K&B because it has a chambered exhaust system.

So something should work with either sucking with the carb method or pressurizing with the exhaust, right? Another possibility I can think of is if there was water in the fuel it may not pass through the filter mesh and stop things up there.

All the Best,
Harry