Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Nova Rossi .12 in a Vegas Deuce?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Nova Rossi .12 in a Vegas Deuce?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:27 PM
barmonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nova Rossi .12 in a Vegas Deuce?

As I was putting my Vegas Deuce back together, I noticed that the collet seemed to rotate a bit off center. I have been tempted to see if the Nova Rossi .12 would bolt right in...and it did! The collet even lined up with the stuffing tube...and it runs true in the stuffing tube unlike the Aquacraft collet.

I am tempted to break in the NR .12 in the Vegas hull since it will be a while before the JAE is finished. The only problem I see is that the control arm for the carb is on the wrong side.

Can the carb be rotated 180 degrees...or is this a bad idea?

I know that it can't be run in the IMPBA RTR class, and may be a bit slow for Sport 20...but I would think that it would be a bit faster than a stock Vegas!

P.S. I have posted this at the Intlwaters forum also, so I am sorry for those who have to read this twice =)
Old 04-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Nova Rossi .12 in a Vegas Deuce?

OK, my 2 cents. Keep the Nova Rossi in the Deuce. Although it doesn't qualify in the RTR class, it does fit right in with the IMPBA's new Sport .12 class.
Yes, you can turn the carb around, I do it all the time.
You'll probably get close to the same response over on Tom's site.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:43 AM
barmonkey

Thanks for the input Ron, I was not aware that IMPBA had a Sport 12 class...I suppose I should read the Propwash a bit more. I think we may be lucky to get A hydro class filled for the first race here though (dist 14).

As an after thought, I may put the motor in my old Vegas hull ... the non sponson mod hull. At least I know what I am dealing with, as the Deuce hull has shown to be full of defects. This includes undue stress cracks, wavy ride pads and a wonky motor...
Old 04-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It won't be in the Propwash but in IMPBA's Roostertail as it just passed. Too bad that it might be a while before we actually see any Sport .12's in races. It took us what seems like forever just to get the .12 'riggers noticed as I had my first 2 8 years ago. I've yet to see an "A" mono class either as I've got 3 of those collecting dust.
There is also an ABS class that has never been used and should just be deleted from the rulebook as there really aren't many that fit into that class anymore.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:08 AM
barmonkey

Ha Ha...I told you I needed to read more...I meant Roostertail... NAMBA is Propwash..LOL

Please understand that I am a beginner here...