RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   Zippkit .21 Outboard Rigger!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/11105020-zippkit-21-outboard-rigger.html)

Joe Petro 06-13-2012 06:44 AM

RE: Zippkit .21 Outboard Rigger!!

I'm sure that if the inboard riggers were also running stock OS 21's, we would have a race...

As for the poor performance at the race, I found that the rear ski was missing from the boat. Apparently I only tack glued it in place and it fell off at some point.
The boat handled good on Friday during practice when I was getting the 3rd channel needle setup.
On Saturday it did not want to turn at all and sometimes turned right or left on it's own... The missing ski would explain that...

Note that the first two prototypes of this boat won first and second at the World Tunnel Chanpionship this year, so the hull is certainly capable of stellar performance.

As for the expensive hardware, we have not set a price yet and our website won't allow a product without a price, so I made one up.
Besides, just imagine the savings when it goes on sale (save over 9 thousand dollars!).

Joe

Joe Petro 06-23-2012 04:40 PM

We should be ready to release these kits on July 2nd.
We do have a waiting list, so if you want one, let us know and we will notify you when the kits are available.

Joe

advanced builder 06-23-2012 04:49 PM

That hull ran all day at Stony. FAST. The one thing that got me was the launch. 1/2 rigger launch 1/2 outboard. were you just drop it down. A fun day

Love to Build2 07-16-2012 07:43 AM

Building the Zip JAE 21 witth my grandson, it is his boat. It is going to be a inboard, so I need a cowl for it.  Does anybody know where I can get one?

Thanks  Ronald L Cook

geraghty 07-16-2012 12:28 PM

David Preusse

[email protected]

1-847-526-4694

mike walker 07-20-2012 11:33 AM

Just had my O/B rigger out again for the second time. You guys that are building them are in for a big treat. The boat is just incredible.
Just like Rod says ( It's like its tied to a post in the turns ).

Love to Build2 07-23-2012 06:11 AM

David Preusse I have sent 2 emails and left message on the listed phone number. When you have a chance would you please get ahold of me.

Thanks You very much for the info on here so far. Ronald L Cook

Ron Olson 07-24-2012 08:44 AM

I bought 2 cowls for my JAE 'riggers from David last year and picked them up at the Hobart Indy Masters Clock Tower race. These need to be painted inside and out and can't be left bare!
Ron, keep trying their number as if David isn't there, Cathy can take care of you.
My guess is that Fred Howe's lower unit should work fine on this boat as Joe and Fred are close friends. This will probably keep peolpe from needing to use the O.S. lower or complete unit for those that want to use the Nova Rossi or other powerhead.

For the person who asked about the Prather OB 'rigger, consider that most of the Prather designs are 20-30 years old and never updated. Outrigger designs have come a long way since then.
Hopefully Joe will bring one along this year to the Hobart race and toss it in the lake during open water.

Love to Build2 07-24-2012 10:05 AM

Thanks for info Ron. He got ahold of me yesterday. His computer was down. Part is ordered.
<div>
Ron<div></div></div>

Ron Olson 07-24-2012 04:19 PM

BTW, Joe does have a price on his site now for the hardware kit, it's drastically marked down from $10,000.00! :D:D:D

mike walker 07-25-2012 04:13 AM

Hey Ron' I am running one of Fred's lower units on mine. It handles great and bolts on with no problems

hy flyr 11-05-2012 06:15 AM

I have one of these riggers on order. Would it be crazy to put a k&b 7.5 on it? I have three of those engines laying around but no 3.5 size.

advanced builder 11-05-2012 07:26 AM

ORIGINAL: hy flyr

I have one of these riggers on order. Would it be crazy to put a k&b 7.5 on it? I have three of those engines laying around but no 3.5 size.
You may need to add some rear side sponsons to help with weight. Will it float dead in the water? Is my question.

Love to Build2 11-05-2012 10:38 AM

Thanks for the help guys. Ron

advanced builder 11-06-2012 03:45 PM

Ron keep us informed as to the 7.5 experiment.