RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   Where to start, Miss Vegas Deuce. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/11584778-where-start-miss-vegas-deuce.html)

Pilot_Guy 08-11-2013 02:48 PM

Where to start, Miss Vegas Deuce.

Ok I bought one of these three years ago and never even took it out of the box, just looked at it in there lol. Since then it has sat on the shelf until a few days ago when I got an urge to actually try this thing out. I have no idea if the engine will even work now due to setting so long with no oil...nothing or if the hull might be warped due to going through an entire winter in a home with no heat. May even be cracked, but doesn't appear to be.

Anyways, where do I start? Do epoxy the inside of the hull? what fuel to use at first? carb setting at the start?

Back then I thought I bought too much boat and even now....yepp, too much boat and I have 0 experience with tiny nitros.

I'd hate to ruin it first thing from a stupid thing I didn't do.

Probably should trade it for a nice brushless though, but I'd like to take a crack at running a nitro as a challenge....I do realize that it isn't easy to get them to run right....

thanks.

Ron Olson 08-12-2013 01:55 PM

If the engine hasn't been started as you said, it should be fine.
Epoxy the inside if you want but it shouldn't need it.
Use the GrimRacer fuel. OK, they recommend it because they sell it but it's good stuff. Racers use it and love it. It's also a lot easier to get as hobby shops can get it or you can through Tower Hobbies.
Pay attention to the owners manual as AquaCraft puts out some of the best that I've seen. Grimmie and JD have many years of experience so they know what owners need in one.
They're not that hard to use. Set the carb so that it's slightly rich when starting, you want a slight lag when you rev the engine onshore but don't wind it up to WOT or you might increase your parts count in a bad way.
Rev it up a little when you launch it and give it an underhand level toss into the water. Keep the speed up at all times except when you bring it back in. Make right turns as that's how it's made to run. It will do lefts but slow it down.
There are huge huge MV and Deuce threads in here, do a search for it but there's a lot of reading in it.

Pilot_Guy 08-14-2013 11:17 AM

Thanks.

I really should of got a simple deep-V type boat like I planned too back then, but I ended up with the Vegas for some reason and I forgot why. I got it out of the box for the first time since I had it over three years. It's big! Mine is orange. I'm stoked again on trying it out and plan to get some fuel soon for it.

Think I'll do what you say and follow the Manuel to the tee and go from there. thanks for the tips.

Blackout 08-14-2013 12:25 PM

Should be a good first boat. Just choose calm waters and turn right mostly. ;)

Blackout 08-14-2013 12:31 PM

After a days run flush Corossion-X through the needle and spin the engine (glow plug off) until Corossion-X comes out the glow plug hole.

If boat flips and you think water is in the engine, remove plug and spin water out. Then start the engine and let the head heat up until too hot to touch. This makes sure water is out.

Ron Olson 08-14-2013 12:32 PM

Probably because you like hydro's over Deep-Vee's. Believe me, a lot of people bought the Proboat Miss bud's because of what it represented, a boat that everybody knew. Those people wlaked out of the hobby shop with one but were clueless as what to do with it, like a dog chasing a car! Jerry Dunlap also worked on that project but the problem was squeezing everything into the hull to make it as scale-like as possible. With the Vegas and Deuce they had a lot more room to work with which made it a better boat in every category.

fuma 08-15-2013 02:54 AM

just losin the glow plug a bit when starting and retiten after it starts or the starter will not last long