RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   THE UNOFFICIAL SHOCKWAVE 36 THREAD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/2353104-unofficial-shockwave-36-thread.html)

weathervane 06-19-2007 07:31 PM

RE: THE UNOFFICIAL SHOCKWAVE 36 THREAD

Me too. I leave for vacation in 3 weeks. I don't think my overhall of my V hull will be done in time. That leaves me with the SW36. I'm going to try a new glow plug, and pull the carb and make sure it is clean. I will also check my settings for the ????? time.

-Andrew

It is strange, It ran great for 1- 1 1/2 tanks of fuel and BAM, has not run right ever sence.

31thundercat 06-19-2007 07:50 PM

Did you check the coupler between the header and the pipe? that would do it.

noheadscrews 06-20-2007 09:49 AM

Weathervane,

Have you tried sealing up the engine with some high temp silicone? Particularly around the carb. Also, have you checked to make sure the head bolts are on securely?

31thundercat 06-20-2007 09:19 PM

It was terriable today i went down to where we keep our boat and the water was flat. I need a shaft to run my boat. this is killing me

TWISTED1 06-20-2007 10:43 PM

Does anyone know where I can find a shockwave 36 rudder that is in stock.........Thanks Rick

saleens7 06-20-2007 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: weathervane

Me too. I leave for vacation in 3 weeks. I don't think my overhall of my V hull will be done in time. That leaves me with the SW36. I'm going to try a new glow plug, and pull the carb and make sure it is clean. I will also check my settings for the ????? time.

-Andrew

It is strange, It ran great for 1- 1 1/2 tanks of fuel and BAM, has not run right ever sence.
same thing happened to me...after the 2nd tank, i leaned the HSN by 1/8 a turn and didnt run right...i set it leaner...still didnt run right...tried the origional settings...still bad??? even richer and still the same results...i dont get it....even set back to the settings it ran perfect at first it now ran bad....

weathervane 06-21-2007 06:59 PM

OK, The new glow plugs were delivered today. I'm going with the DYN2500. Now, acording to the Dynamite owner's manual this is the plug for this engine. I'm going to get a new bottel of fuel as well.

-Andrew

I did check or try all of the above sugestions, no luck.

LuckyDuc 06-21-2007 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: weathervane

OK, The new glow plugs were delivered today. I'm going with the DYN2500. Now, acording to the Dynamite owner's manual this is the plug for this engine. I'm going to get a new bottel of fuel as well.

-Andrew

I did check or try all of the above sugestions, no luck.
Did you check the o-ring in the carb?

weathervane 06-21-2007 08:05 PM

Yes. I have looked the whole thing over. I pulled the engine and gave it a good going over. O rings are good, head bolts are tight, fitting in the exhaust pipe tight, all the fuel lines are good. I have done everything short of pulling the engine down. I WILL get it running. This thing has got me wanting some revenge. It will run.

-Andrew

Wannago100+ 06-21-2007 10:24 PM

I hear you vane,,,,,
That thing should run good again and if you stick with it, it will. In my old but unseasoned thoughts, I think if it were a critical motor problem that you would have heat and/or multiple problems at once on the perfomance.
I think I remember you saying it runs fine on the bench and dies in the water. You might check your drive shaft alignment.
Hope you figure it out, cause these things make my hair rise at WOT.

gaz0011 06-22-2007 11:26 PM

Hey Guys looong time since I posted, still have my SW and hope to get it out this summer. good to know this thread is still up and going. :D

weathervane 06-24-2007 04:56 PM

IT'S ALIVE. I got it to run for more than 5 feet. My Shockwave 36 actually made a few laps around the pond today. It took a few attempts, after a carb change, needle settings, and just a lot of tinkering. I finally got it to run in the water. I put the stock carb back on and reset all the needles to factory specs. NO luck. I richened it up a 1/8 of a turn on the high speed needle, NO luck. I then richened the low speed needle by 1/8 of a turn, IT'S ALIVE. Well let's put it in some better light. It would run no matter where the needles were set, but when put into the water it would up and die. Now it will actually run laps. Cool. It has been so long sence I had it running I forgot how much fun this little thing is.

-Andrew

saleens7 06-24-2007 06:29 PM

congradulations on finally getting it running....dont forget to get some vids...

weathervane 06-25-2007 04:19 PM

Thank you. It feels good to finaly get it right.

-Andrew

Wannago100+ 06-25-2007 08:47 PM

That's good news. I plan on getting my wave out next week for the nephews. but worried about all the lilly pads I have to dodge.

31thundercat 06-25-2007 11:00 PM

Well i just ordered new 3 flexshafts from Aeromarine along with a few props. I should be good to go in a few days. I can't wait we have had such nice weather.

benmflyers5 06-28-2007 09:40 PM

does anybody use the new starting system t - drive cause i would recomend it for people all you have to do is press the buttun and put on glowplug starter and it fired up no more pulling

saleens7 06-28-2007 09:50 PM

....umm...ok....i used it when my SW36 was still nitro....(now brushless)

ive also heard it reeduces strain on the motor mounts...

benmflyers5 06-28-2007 10:47 PM

it does who found that out because my old engine broke of a bad piston so i replaced it

benmflyers5 06-28-2007 10:49 PM

what is that gas nitro can you tell me when you log back on

benmflyers5 06-28-2007 11:16 PM

my waterline broke i ordered the new one but now i cant get it it back threw the whole so it cant get to the engines did anybody else have that problem is so how did you get it back in. on shockwave 36

yolanda 06-29-2007 12:08 AM

hi there. make sure the feul tank is sealing properly. check your feul filter. take carbb off. take it appart clean with compresed air. tighten head bolts. make sure presure nipple on header is locked with nut lock. my carbb settings- LS needle 3turns - HS needle 2 3/4. how is the compression? i hope my idees will help

benmflyers5 06-29-2007 10:17 AM

no it for the water cooling i found a leak and replaced it but cnt get it threw the whole

Ron Olson 06-29-2007 10:44 AM

If you're talking about the line going through the hull, you might have to drill it out a little larger. Some lines have a larger outside diameter on them. Sometimes putting an angle cut on the line will help it to go through.

weathervane 06-29-2007 12:53 PM

I'm haeding to the lake in a few days. I want to try and get in a few more runs at the pond before I take it all of the way up their and it does not run.

-Andrew