RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   Miss. Bud out of storage= Crunching sound? Tiger Drive (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/5030880-miss-bud-out-storage%3D-crunching-sound-tiger-drive.html)

birel19 11-23-2006 01:50 PM

Miss. Bud out of storage= Crunching sound? Tiger Drive

I took my Miss. Bud out of the basement and tried turning it over after 3 years in storage today. When I did the engine made a crunching sound[&o]. So then I took the head off and notices no rust or remnants of rust anywhere, do all Miss. Buds do this? I dont remember if it did it 3 years ago. I was also thinking of putting tiger drive into it, does anybody know where to get it. My LHS is 125 miles away!![X(]

piper_chuck 11-23-2006 02:23 PM

RE: Miss. Bud out of storage= Crunching sound? Tiger Drive

Most of the stuff that would rust (crankshaft and bearings) would not be visible from the head. You usually need to take off the back end to see these.

saleens7 11-23-2006 02:23 PM

could be something chaught in the connector rod or crankshaft....take off the backplate and have a look...there might be something in the stuffing tube also.....

make shure you have the picture of what the engine parts look like when taken apart or you could put someting where its not suppost to be:D

the tiger drive is ok, but you alsways have to charge the battery and the rod that connects to the adapter is removable and falls out easily....lost mine bout 5 times...lukily i found them, but they are hard to find if you drop em on grass......it could also damage the engine if it is hydrolocked, as you wont know because you dont "feel" the engine crank over..

personnaly, i think its a pain in the butt...

birel19 11-23-2006 04:32 PM

Does it have a solid shaft or flex shaft? What are the most common ways to make the Miss. Bud better?

saleens7 11-23-2006 04:36 PM

trash the old engine, try to copy what misshydro did with the bud, or get something better...

i think the older bids have a solid shaft....does the shaft keep on going strait out of the hull or does it bend up so the prop and strup are level with the bttom of the hull??

birel19 11-24-2006 12:02 AM

Iv'e got 150 bucks, what should I do? Its just sitting on my cabinet ready to be worked on[8D]

birel19 11-24-2006 10:40 AM

Why on my old style Bud is my rudder on the right, and on the new ones its on the left? Is one better then the other?

Hydro Junkie 11-26-2006 12:47 AM

Yes, the left side is better. It makes the servo "pull" the rudder arm for a right(normal) turn rather than "push", which prevents flexing of the pushrod.