RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   MECOA MOTORS ANY GOOD? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/5099307-mecoa-motors-any-good.html)

carprigger50 12-10-2006 06:54 PM

MECOA MOTORS ANY GOOD?

1 Attachment(s)
I WANT TO USE A MECOA .46 IN MY RIGGER PROJECT,DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE,OR HAVE ANY OTHER BUGET MINDED MOTORS OF SIMULAR SIZE TO PUSH A 30" RIGGER? TOTAL WEIGHT OF THE HULL W/ HDWR AND RX,BATTERIES AND FULL CELL OF NITRO IS 22OZ

1.75HP AT 22,000RPM
400.G
$89.00 WO HEADER OR PIPE

misshydro 12-10-2006 07:07 PM

RE: MECOA MOTORS ANY GOOD?

There a good complany.They bought out K&B and Veco motors.If you looking at budget motors here a nother company[link]http://www.leoengines.com/eng/Products/ProductsList.asp?parentUID=3&CateUIDList=0,3[/link] My .21 I'm getting there is 65 dollars plus 10 dollars in shipping.I do have a Leo in my Miss Bud.21 hydroplane boat and boy that motor has been good to me.If you want to check the motor and my boat out,go to my post,pics of Misshydros Missbud.21 and videos.plus theres videos of my runs with the Leo motor in my boat.

Believe It 12-10-2006 07:08 PM

i had one but never did end up running it and sold it. I do have a brand new uncut header for it though, so if you decide to get that motor, let me know and you can have this header for pretty much free.

gooycheese 12-10-2006 07:18 PM

WoW your boat is light, 220grams is less than 1/2 lb for everything but motor? That will make whole boat less than 1 1/2lbs ready to run. Thats really good for such a big boat as far as I can tell. I hope my boat will be that light.

Paul

misshydro 12-10-2006 07:29 PM

I think my boat weigh about 5 pounds! Boy I wish My boat weigh that light weight!!

TomMoorehouse 12-10-2006 07:30 PM

i just saw that one a few days ago. i dont know anything about it but it looks like it would be a real good sport engine. put it in a .21 size rigger and ill bet it would do well.

piper_chuck 12-10-2006 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: TomMoorehouse

i just saw that one a few days ago. i dont know anything about it but it looks like it would be a real good sport engine. put it in a .21 size rigger and ill bet it would do well.
And then report back here, there are probably lots of people who would be interested in knowing how this engine works...

carprigger50 12-11-2006 12:41 PM

im going to go with the mecoa .46 its pretty much the same as the leo but made in the USA. with a 400g motor the rig will be at 2lbs 4.5oz[:@] is that bad,...seems heavy to me!!
believe it ill pm you about the header,... then on to a pipe!

TomMoorehouse 12-11-2006 03:33 PM

hay cap not to offend, just trying to do a reality check for ya....

a 21 rigger under 3lbs is extremely light. a tad under 4 is about where you want to be.

what size is your fuel tank? it looked small to me for even a 21, let alone a 45.

looks like your sponsons are about 10" long? this would be small even for a 21.

carprigger50 12-12-2006 12:20 PM

thanks tom for that information,i reely didnt want to go with a .40 or so motor since i already have a .21,the tank is about 3.75oz maybe a smidge smaller.i havent yet sheeted the new sponsins, no prob to cut new ones, so how long you think they should be? know any thing about rear ones?

TomMoorehouse 12-12-2006 06:38 PM

a 21 tank should have a minimum of 7oz, 8oz is prefered.

misshydro 12-12-2006 07:13 PM

Hi,Ron told me running a .21 you'll need a 10oz tank in your boat,thats if your racing and depends on your motor on how much fuel it eats. Plus I glad your going with a .21 in your boat.The.21 puts out more power and higher rpms and lighter weight then the.46 you were thinking about getting.[>:]

Believe It 12-14-2006 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: misshydro

There a good complany.They bought out K&B and Veco motors.If you looking at budget motors here a nother company[link]http://www.leoengines.com/eng/Products/ProductsList.asp?parentUID=3&CateUIDList=0,3[/link] My .21 I'm getting there is 65 dollars plus 10 dollars in shipping.I do have a Leo in my Miss Bud.21 hydroplane boat and boy that motor has been good to me.If you want to check the motor and my boat out,go to my post,pics of Misshydros Missbud.21 and videos.plus theres videos of my runs with the Leo motor in my boat.
did you buy your motor directly through them? I was thinkin of tryin out the 7220M for my rigger but havent seen anyone selling these motors in the states.

Is this the motor you have? Is it side or front exhaust?

misshydro 12-16-2006 08:25 PM

Believe It,This is the motor I'm ordering form them too.It has more power and higher rpms too.then my .21.My .21 is the older model.The 7220m is the newer model.Its 65 dollars shipping is 10 dollars.I'm waiting to here from them.I'd emailed them about two days go.The exaust is side mount.I'm not saying there the best motors on the markets but the way I rev that .21 before I put my boat in the water,I'd should blowend the conecting rod by now.I do some guick revs to clean the carb out before I throw her in the water.I inspect my motor every fith run.No sighn or cracks or anything wrong.I does have a heavy conecting rod.I'm new the nitro motors and if I'd blow it up or recked it,What! I'm out of less then a hundred dollars! then being out of 300 to 500 dollars!Unitl I'd mastered in them realy good,Then I'll get the 300 to 500 dollars motors.:D When I hear from them I'll let you know.[8D] I did get a marry christmass email from them.:D