RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   Nemesis and Villain S1 Tunnel's (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/5116344-nemesis-villain-s1-tunnels.html)

hydroracer11g 12-14-2006 04:28 PM

Nemesis and Villain S1 Tunnel's

What happened to The web site that Mike Zambrowski used to have????? Does he still sell these kits? The last time I talked to Mike (about 1.5yrs ago) he said he was waiting for kits from the laser cutter. since then I have not been able to find his website. I would like to get one of his Villian S1 kits. Would any of you have one for sale?

Mark

sleepy306 12-14-2006 04:40 PM

RE: Nemesis and Villian Tunnel's

me too. I'd be interested.

r/cmark42 12-14-2006 04:49 PM

I know he has closed his shop and is now working with Jerry Dunlop and AquaCraft. Every now and then you see where Mark contributes to and responds to various forums. I was hoping that one of his tunnel kits wuld be made avaialbe though Aquacraft. I'm guess that since they have the Top Speed 2 on the market, they don't have a reson to put out a kit??.

Jerry Dunlap 12-14-2006 05:06 PM

Mike moved from Wisconsin to Champaign, IL last year. He now works full time for HOBBICO in the R&D Department with his primary responsibility in model boat design and development.

JD

hydroracer11g 12-14-2006 08:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Jerry Dunlap

Mike moved from Wisconsin to Champaign, IL last year. He now works full time for HOBBICO in the R&D Department with his primary responsibility in model boat design and development.

JD

So does this mean the end of the great kits that he used to produce?????? Do you still talk to him Jerry? If so could you ask him if he will ever make another production run of his Nemesis or Villain S1? It just my be that he has a no compete clause. Is there a way for use to get around this??? There are still some of use out here that like to build are models and don't care about the RTR stuff. Jerry, Right now I am building three of your WOF design tunnels that were in RCBM magazine back a couple of years ago. They are great designs.

ob nut 12-14-2006 10:00 PM

RE: Nemesis and Villain S1 Tunnel's

It's possible the Hobbico will produce both Villian and Nememis in due time. But your best bet is to watch ebay to kits. There is one [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/29-Villan-Tunnel-Hull-Earnhardt-8-Bud_W0QQitemZ180062168846QQihZ008QQcategoryZ19166Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem]Bud #8 Villian[/link] for sale at the moment.

As for JD's WOF, I love them. Even built a site dedicated to the building of 5 29" WOF's at once. Can't wait to start on his 1/4 Scale Kneel Down hydro this winter.

In case you didn't know, the TS2 is based on the 30" WOF JD designed..

Jerry Dunlap 12-15-2006 12:49 AM

I talk with Mike about projects we are working on for AquaCraft. I don't see either boats being offerred as kits in the near future.

The Villian kit is the nicest wood kit I've ever built, and I've build a bunch of 'em over the years.

JD

r/cmark42 12-15-2006 10:29 AM

The following is a link to Hobbico's products and improvements page. I beleive in the value and quality of the Grim Racer kits. Maybe if their was enough support shown, perhaps we can get Hobbico to move the Villian and or Nemisis projects up the priority list.

http://www.hobbico.com/suggestion.html

hydroracer11g 12-15-2006 10:33 AM

Cool r/cmark, I just put in my request. Now get everyone you now to do the same. Hopefully we can get some of these great kits back on the market.

r/cmark42 12-15-2006 10:56 AM

:D

I sure will. where is Rod Geraghty? that old fool was the one who got me into this crazy hobby to begin with. I'll find him and get the rally going!

Ron Olson 12-18-2006 01:51 AM

I know where to find Rod, if you want to know, PM me.
He called me about a good month or so ago, I was shocked when I looked at my caller ID and saw his name on it. He's a really good guy and we talked for a while. He even sounds younger than what you'd think considering his age.:D

Jerry Dunlap 12-18-2006 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

I know where to find Rod, if you want to know, PM me.
He called me about a good month or so ago, I was shocked when I looked at my caller ID and saw his name on it. He's a really good guy and we talked for a while. He even sounds younger than what you'd think considering his age.:D
Jeez, and Rod is younger than me!!:)

JD

Ron Olson 12-18-2006 11:45 PM

Hey, you're alive! I was wondering how you fared in the nasty storm.
I've never talked to you on the phone so I don't know how young you sound. I thought that Rod sounded younger than me or at least close ot my age and was surprised that he has about 10 years on me. Tom Perzentka as everyone beat I think. I saw him a few years back at the Toledo show, he's got to be well into his 80's.

hydroracer11g 12-18-2006 11:59 PM

Ok this is what I wrote to the Hobbico people and there response. We need good kits not shaft grease. Please everyone that reads this post. Write an email to Hobbico asking to produce these kits. Not some plastic RTR thing. Here is the link again. http://www.hobbico.com/suggestion.html

I wrote:

If I am correct Mike Zambrowski works for your R&D department with his primary responsibility in model boat design and development. He use to kit and sell some tunnel hull kits under the Grimracer name. They were the Nemesis and the Villain S1. There is a want for these kits, but they are out of production. Is there any way to put them back on the market? Some of use Model boaters like to build are boats and don't care for RTR's. Mike made a great product and we would hope that it has not gown away forever.

Weighting for you reply,
Mark

Hi Mark,
You are correct, Grim works in our R&D department. I am the Product Manager for AquaCraft. We are working the build the GrimRacer line and you will continue to see more race product released to the market that Mike designs.

Have a great Christmas Mark - thanks!

Best regards,
Russ Williamson
Hobbico Product Development
[email protected]
217-398-3630

Russ Williamson 12-20-2006 06:28 PM

Mark,
You are correct, the more request that are sent through the suggestion link, the better. Anybody that would like a particular design, send it through the suggestion link. I can't promise I will be able to respond to all of them, but they are read and taken seriously.

As far as build up kits, that is a dead market overall. I've built airplanes, boats, etc., ever since I was a kid and still love to today, but for us to make a kit over an ARR or RTR would not be practical.

Our GrimRacer line consist of more than just grease and will be adding a lot to this line in 07'. Looking forward to getting some great product on the market. Looking more forward to get back racing again:) It is going to be a long winter:)

Have fun!

Russ

ORIGINAL: hydroracer11g

Ok this is what I wrote to the Hobbico people and there response. We need good kits not shaft grease. Please everyone that reads this post. Write an email to Hobbico asking to produce these kits. Not some plastic RTR thing. Here is the link again. http://www.hobbico.com/suggestion.html

I wrote:

If I am correct Mike Zambrowski works for your R&D department with his primary responsibility in model boat design and development. He use to kit and sell some tunnel hull kits under the Grimracer name. They were the Nemesis and the Villain S1. There is a want for these kits, but they are out of production. Is there any way to put them back on the market? Some of use Model boaters like to build are boats and don't care for RTR's. Mike made a great product and we would hope that it has not gown away forever.

Weighting for you reply,
Mark

Hi Mark,
You are correct, Grim works in our R&D department. I am the Product Manager for AquaCraft. We are working the build the GrimRacer line and you will continue to see more race product released to the market that Mike designs.

Have a great Christmas Mark - thanks!

Best regards,
Russ Williamson
Hobbico Product Development
[email protected]
217-398-3630

hydroracer11g 12-20-2006 06:35 PM

Russ I don't think Grims kits were a dead market for him. But if it is then can he still have the laser cuter that he used cut some out for us? or has he got a no copete clouse in his contract?

Mark.

Russ Williamson 12-20-2006 07:27 PM

It is part of non-compete clause for all of us. To compete against yourself is not worthwhile.
Patience my friend, we look at all aspects of the marine market. We are just getting started and good things are a coming......:)

What can help the most is getting boat enthusiast, racers, etc., involved with their LHS and getting clubs started and/or getting involved with your local club. Doing so the fun factor goes up greatly!
Thanks,
Rw

Russ I dom't think Grims kits were a dead market for him. But if it is then can he still have the laser cuter that he used cut some out for us? or has he got a no copete clouse in his contract?

Mark.

hydroracer11g 12-20-2006 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Russ Williamson

It is part of non-compete clause for all of us. To compete against yourself is not worthwhile.
Patience my friend, we look at all aspects of the marine market. We are just getting started and good things are a coming......:)

What can help the most is getting boat enthusiast, racers, etc., involved with their LHS and getting clubs started and/or getting involved with your local club. Doing so the fun factor goes up greatly!
Thanks,
Rw

Ok I am waiting to see what comes from Hobbico. Sure hope it is a Villian S1 or Nemesis ARR you finish wood kit. Meaning a already built hull, that is built of wood that I can put the finishing touches on( Paint etc.). Just my wishes.:D

I am sorry I said we don't need shaft grease. But I can get marine grease anywhere. I can not buy a front running wood 3.5 OB wood kit anywhere.;)

Mark

ob nut 12-20-2006 10:59 PM

I can not buy a front running wood 3.5 OB wood kit anywhere.;)

Mark

Why not build a WOF boat??? There's a few people on this site that can assist in the WOF builds. Check this information out: [link=http://home.earthlink.net/~obwof/]WOF Build[/link] I plan on building several WOF's this winter. Most likely will start after the new year...

hydroracer11g 12-20-2006 11:05 PM

Ob Nut, I am building three WOF tunnels right now.

ob nut 12-20-2006 11:26 PM

Ob Nut, I am building three WOF tunnels right now.
sweet......

3?? That's all??? LOL... I built five 29" at once after building two 34"... Got to build two 47" Solutions and about three of the 29"s along with three of the 1/4 scale Kneel down Hydro's JD came out with..

hydroracer11g 12-21-2006 01:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I would like to see JD's kneeldown hydro. Because I race real Kneeldown Stock outboard hydro's and Pro outboard hydro's (laydown). Let,s see if I can upload a picture of one of my full scale hydros.

ob nut 12-21-2006 01:44 AM

Had to go find the pics. Powerhead is a CMB Red head. Can't wait to start building them.

http://home.earthlink.net/~obwof/sit...ctures/kd1.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~obwof/sit...ctures/kd2.jpg

Ron Olson 12-21-2006 01:59 AM

Mark, the pix aren't showing up, only those stupid [x] things. Yes, I did the right click thing on them too. I want to see one of them as Jerry and I were talkng about them. I sent him a turn fin to try out on his, one of those that Wade made.

ob nut 12-21-2006 02:35 AM

Ron,

Think it's a user error since I can see the pics.... I'll redo the pics for ya