RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   Pictures of stuff tubes installed wanted (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/5129274-pictures-stuff-tubes-installed-wanted.html)

hydroracer11g 12-18-2006 12:34 AM

Pictures of stuff tubes installed wanted

Looking for some pictures of installed stuff tubes. Please post them if you have some.

Does the stuff tube go all the way to the strut?????? Does it stop short and the Teflon go all the way to the strut?????

Please Help,
Mark

gooycheese 12-18-2006 08:02 AM

RE: Pictures of stuff tubes installed wanted

On the boats I have, the teflon seats inside the strut and the stuffing tube runs from strut to about 1/2 inch from the coupler teflon goes to about 3/8-7/16 from coupler. these are just my boats, but I would guess yours is really close to the same.

Paul

Scorpio145 12-18-2006 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am the same as gooy. My stuffing tube runs through the strut then up through the transom. When it comes to securing the stuffing tube have you thought about these little gadgets? They make it so much easier to line the tube with the collet as they are adjustable and there isn't any need for messy fiberglass.

TIA 12-18-2006 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought this was interesting. Never seen one in real life, only in pictures. Pretty C[8D][8D]L!!!!

Believe It 12-18-2006 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is how the stuffing tube is done on my cat. I dont run a teflon liner, just alot of grease.

The 'outter tube' is secured in the hull and stops about 3/4" before the collet, and the 3/16 tube slides through to about 1/4" in front of the collet, and goes all the way through the strut acting as a strut bushing. I also drilled 9 holes in the stuffing tube to act as grease holders within the strut.

Sean Bowf 12-18-2006 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Believe It

here is how the stuffing tube is done on my cat. I dont run a teflon liner, just alot of grease.

The 'outter tube' is secured in the hull and stops about 3/4" before the collet, and the 3/16 tube slides through to about 1/4" in front of the collet, and goes all the way through the strut acting as a strut bushing. I also drilled 9 holes in the stuffing tube to act as grease holders within the strut.
If you have a 3/16th stuff box, and it runs all the way through your strut, what stub shaft are you using? Or is the 3/16th an inside demension?? IE is it a 7/32 stuff box?

Sean

Believe It 12-18-2006 04:57 PM

its a 3/16 ID tube.