RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   tower hobbies scratch and dent (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/6496038-tower-hobbies-scratch-dent.html)

nitroguy123 10-15-2007 10:29 PM

tower hobbies scratch and dent

Amybody have any expierence with tower hobbies scratch and dent section? I just purchased a Used rtr nitro supervee off there for $136 shipped(after all the special promotions and discounts) and im kind unsure on what to expect. The description is very short and but did say it was slightly used. For the price it seems like its worth the risk though. So if anybody could share their exp. with i, i would really appreciate it!

dicko 10-15-2007 10:53 PM

RE: tower hobbies scratch and dent

i've bought a used hammer from them, it came as stated, good condition, minus the ESC. it had a bit of dried weed on the rudder, but that just rubbed off. if it's used it may come with the stickers on it, mine did. i bought the hammer as a rescue boat, one of my best boat purchases. it's saved my mates & me from having to go for a swim on many occasions.

Sean Bowf 10-16-2007 06:22 AM

I picked up a used MV on it. The description said that was slightly used and had a blemish in the finish on the bottom. When I got it, there was a small bubble in the finish on the bottom of it, but the wing was also broken off the hull. The engine did look brand new though. I think I paid half price for it, so I think I got a pretty good deal, even though it had more wrong with it than what was in the description.

I also picked up some reef racers off their scratch and dent. One of them was worse than descriped (was missing a battery and a servo). I called them up and they sent me a battery, and I got the servo on my own.

Sean

Vertical3-D 10-16-2007 06:34 AM

I bought a hammer ep that said slightly used no damage....but it wasnt used at all, still in its bag in the box...also bought a micro electric heli with good success, so I trust it, they are pretty good with customer service, so if it was damaged more then what they said Im sure they would take care of it right away...

jman12 10-16-2007 06:36 AM

I have had greta purchases using the scratch and dent deals. Remember, you get what you pay for! Read their artical description carefully and call Tower if you are uncertain of the deal. Good luck.

jetpack 10-16-2007 08:07 AM

Its been so long since I bought a scratch and dent, but the few small items I've purchased that were listed when I recieved them I felt it was a give-away price for what I recieved (and wished there were more scratch-and-dent specials) and wasn't disapointed so you should be OK.

nitroguy123 10-16-2007 03:05 PM

thanks for the replies guys, thats what i was hoping for. I figured for the $136 i couldn't go wrong so i jumped on it.