RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   twin power setup? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/6515811-twin-power-setup.html)

vasek 10-20-2007 02:14 PM

twin power setup?

1 Attachment(s)
i saw a pic of a hull fitted with twin outboards... ME LIKE![>:]

would 2x 3.5 engines power a 7.5 cc boat size or how does that work?

Jan_the_man 10-24-2007 01:50 AM

RE: twin power setup?

That looks alot like Topfuel's setup . I would just love to see and hear that boat run... must sound awesome. Apparently they do run it in the 7.5 class , but I don't know if it is a 7.5 hull.

Me likes it too:D

ozbryan 10-24-2007 02:58 AM

Jan that is indeed mr cleggs boat

The nemesis was a 7.5 hull but im not sure of what modifications that boat has had.

James has just had surgery and will be back on here soon enough.[8D][8D]

fastnitrofiberglass 10-30-2007 05:19 PM

That is a 3.5 boat and it runs in the sport 7.5 class but the engines are getting mounted to a 7.5 hull it will still run in that class though here is a link:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_62..._1/key_/tm.htm

read down a bit and you can here all about that boat!

vasek 10-31-2007 01:47 AM

thanx!

topfuel4430 11-01-2007 07:04 AM

Hey guys, sorry I missed this one...

Yeah, the twins sound unbelievable. There are about 6 of them out there right now with the OS's on the back. I built the engines for a few of them and they have them mounted on 7.5 hulls. I think a normal 7.5 hull is too big of a boat for the twin OS set-up. It needs a large 3.5 hull like the Nemesis, or a HTB 290. A Shaman would also be another good hull to run twins with. They are a lot of fun and a headache all in the same. The sound makes up for it all though!

Any questions, let me know.

~James

vasek 11-01-2007 02:39 PM

Hello James,

thank you for the good info

would you have a clip of the twin on the water? with the sound of course:D:D;)

Cheers,
Vasek

topfuel4430 11-01-2007 02:49 PM

Nope, sorry no clips, unless someone has one that I dont know about. I was too busy driving :) Come to the 2008 world tunnel champs next year and you can see and hear a bunch of them!

~James

vasek 11-01-2007 02:55 PM

OK I will, where is the World Championship held next year?

If it's not too far from Prague > I'll see you there!

~Vasek

topfuel4430 11-01-2007 03:04 PM

Umm, yeah. its a little too far away from Prague. Its in Charleston, South Carolina (USA). I will be flying over from Germany.:D

However, we do have a couple Canadians coming down....

vasek 11-01-2007 03:29 PM

I live in Europe now so it's a bit far to see you twins....:)

But if I wanted to see something interesting in Germany or Austria near the CZ boarder, where would i go?

Thanx, Vasek

piper_chuck 11-01-2007 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: topfuel4430

Nope, sorry no clips, unless someone has one that I dont know about. I was too busy driving :) Come to the 2008 world tunnel champs next year and you can see and hear a bunch of them!

~James
Perhaps Bobby Halliday has some footage from the 2006 race? I know it wasn't your boat that year, but the song remains the same, right?

topfuel4430 11-01-2007 04:10 PM

You can come over my house and see the twin in person.... :) I live in Europe also. I live near Kaiserslautern Germany. :D

In all seriousness, there are a bunch of races spreadout all over Europe. I was at a race in Sweden a few weeks ago, and before that in Stuttgart. Of course there is always the world champs in Italy next year, I will be attending that as well.

~James

topfuel4430 11-01-2007 04:11 PM

Thats what I was thinking Piper. I know he had some video of the shaman twin. I will send him an email to see if he still has that stuff. He is out of boats now :( He has been playing a lot of chess lately...

~James