RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   miss budweiser prop shaft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/6608068-miss-budweiser-prop-shaft.html)

basketballtitan 11-11-2007 01:20 AM

miss budweiser prop shaft

i took my miss budweiser boat out today and the prop shaft came disconected from the motor so I took shaft completely out to look at and noticed that the set screw came out. However I cannot get the prop shaft back through the hole where it comes out and reconnects to the motor. Any suggestions would be great. I can see the shaft but I am unable to force through hole. PLEASE HELP THANKS

chief3452 11-11-2007 07:53 AM

RE: miss budweiser prop shaft

If your shaft is scarred up or has mushroomed end you might have to do some repairs to it. If you can remove it, remove the prop and dive dog, put it in a drill then carefully hold a piece of 320 or similar grit sandpaper in your hand and run it up and down the prop shaft as you spin it in the drill. I would recommend a leather glove for the sanding hand in case the paper grabs and begins to spin, plus metal dust is not all the good for your skin. Gently cup the paper and don't do it too long, wipe your part clean and test fit periodically. Hope this helps.

Scott

d-lo 11-11-2007 12:02 PM

good suggestions from chief for the shaft, but i may not be reading your question right. can you get it into the stuff tube all the way up to the motor, and not through the last part into the boat? if that's the case, then a little work on the end of the stuff tube might be in order. the drive dog with the pin may have mushroomed the stuff tube, the part the shaft rides in, if the nylon spacer wore out. take the motor out, and carefully ream the end of the stuff tube, with a proper size drill bit, (about an 1/8 inch will do it)until it has it's full diameter, enough to let the shaft come through. make sure you have a nylon spacer there between the drive dog and the end of the stuff tube, for wear.

like i said, i may be off base, but these two suggestions at least cover both scenarios, let us know how it goes........

davey

malicent 11-11-2007 01:57 PM

i had the same prob with a different boat, i dont know the Miss Bud's but i fought mine for a while, until i noticed that one little itty-bitty coil of the shaft right where it would be in the coupler was "unwrapped" for a lack of better term not sure if that helps any just a thought.

misshydro 11-11-2007 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine was the same thing!![X(] I had to use WD40 on mine,because it was a tough littlebugger to get out.Found out that the last owner nevered greesed the shaft and it was rusty and burnt. I was luck to have a spaire shaft.I did take the old one and sand it down/clean it up for a spaire shaft.[8D] Oh you have the flex drive.[X(] Well if you had a little coil/piece of that cable in the tube,plus that cable is starten to unravel and will cause you some trouble.You need to get a new flex cable. I had troubles with two new Miss Bud flex cables that wanted to come unravel on me.I shouldve sand/grind the coupler end on a slight 45 degree angle so it would fit into the coupler better. I instead used a Miss Vegas cables.I can use them because I used a adjustable Miss vegas strut&rudder on my Miss Bud.21:D

Lightning Bolt 04-23-2012 10:11 AM

Who makes the adjustable Miss vegas strut?