RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   Lap catt II? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/9346145-lap-catt-ii.html)

mtimmer 12-20-2009 02:37 PM

Lap catt II?

I have a Pather Lap Cat II that I don't run anymore, in fact I've only ran it a half a dozen times in the 7yrs. I've had it. My uncle gave it to me because didn't use it any more. What I'm getting at is how much is it worth? (and don't give me any bs prices, I have an idea) It would be complete with radio and all needed to run but gas, I'm sure mine is no good since it is 7yrs. old. I also have TONS of spare parts like props, cables, motor, and a bunch of other small parts that I don't know what they are. When I got this a friend of mine that was big into nitro cars and boats said it was probably worth about 800.00 to 1000.00 dollars but I don't know. I'm looking to sell to get into a different type of rc sport. Any help would be great.

basudec1509 12-20-2009 02:54 PM

RE: Lap catt II?

its look like you want to sale the car , isn't it ?

ok , fine , how the price will be for you ???

i want to buy it .......

you may mail me , or pm here .....

thanks ......

rack and pinion steering

ob nut 12-20-2009 06:32 PM

You will need to watch ebay to see what prices they are going for. It all depends on the radio, motor (8701, 8702, Pro, other powerhead), quality of paint, how many extra props, etc... Lapcats are over 30 years old. They have never been udpated since they were first introduced. Depending on what you do have, it may fetch anywhere from $200 to $500. This is not BS either. The big problem is that Lapcats still fetch a high price when purchased at a hobby shop. Once out the door, the price is dropped to nearly nothing. There are much better boats out today for the same price.

mtimmer 12-20-2009 07:39 PM

Thanks, if it rains tomorrow I won't work and I was going to take it to couple of hobby shops around here and see what they say.

Ron Olson 12-20-2009 11:57 PM

If you don't want us to BS you then why are you asking?
You want the truth? Prather tunnel boats are 20 or more years outdated so there's not much of a market for them except for those that know nothing about boats. If it's in not running condition, who knows how much it will cost to get it running as it could be expensive.
Pictures of what you have would help as you say "tons", that doesn't tell anyone much.

Sorry Mark, I kind of duplicated what you said. I think that there was one update on that boat, a change to the cowling from an open cockpit to an enclosed one in latter years. If the hull still has a turn fin mounted on the inside right sponson then it's really old.

mtimmer 12-21-2009 12:15 PM

Just thought I'd ask and thanks for the help. Sorry if I came across as smart a** but I'm not sure really what I have, and the friend of mine passed away a year and a half ago other wise I'd turn to him. Again thanks for the help.

rcguy1411 12-24-2009 08:24 PM

i just picked up a lapcat III for $ 100.00 canadian radio k&B 11 cc o/b starter glow ignighter all so to say its worth $ 800 to $ 1000 is realy asking alot yes i did get a realy good deal and i know it if yours is in realy good shap i would say $ 200 to $ 400 would be reasonable to ask

Ron Olson 12-24-2009 09:07 PM

What could make his worth more are the extras that he got. Somebody could buy the whole shooting match then ditch the hull and possibly be out ahead. Sometimes parting out or buying a boat for parts can be a bigger deal at times.
I've seen complete boats go for what someone could have gotten just out of the engine.

mtimmer 12-25-2009 12:43 AM

Yeah that is what I was figuring it's on e-bay as we speak