RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   Central NEW YORK boaters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/9801940-central-new-york-boaters.html)

Blackout 07-28-2011 05:52 PM

RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Well, It was a great Thursday night outing at Stony Pond!! Three OS powered .21 Tunnels on the pond at the same time and there were no incidents!! The water was like glass and we all got several full tank runs in. The drivers stand makes it much easier to get around the island. After a few laps I was just looking at the buoys. It's funny that on the non-island end I whacked the number 2 buoy in the middle of the turn...hey just like Elmira!! The boat bounced right over it and kept on truck'in! Craig's Vision Craft hull looked like it was trimmed perfectly. He had only an inch or so of hull touching the water and the bow rid'in on air all the way down the straights. Lot'sa fun! Roger
Yes, great fun running three boats at once! With the .21 tunnel speeds it worked out pretty good.

Hydro Junkie 07-28-2011 06:45 PM

You guys need to stop talking about how much fun it is running at Craig's place or I may have to head there in a few years as well as back to Madison, boat and accessories in hand of course. I bet Craig and AB would love that:D

Blackout 07-29-2011 02:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

You guys need to stop talking about how much fun it is running at Craig's place or I may have to head there in a few years as well as back to Madison, boat and accessories in hand of course. I bet Craig and AB would love that:D
That would be great fun! :)

We have Brick Pond in Elmira and now a lake in Medina to run at, along with two lakes up north in Canada. Looking good right now for rc boating in western and central NY.

advanced builder 07-29-2011 04:01 AM

are you taking about tunnel island ,or rigger ramp .I'm the first to launch off from the island with my rigger. I ran duck tape on my E-vee radio box. the on/off switch was exposed -done in now .I went down to Walmart and got a few clip boards made from lextan ,on-sale now. with colors The heat inside the trailer and gas made my old box top curl up like a banana Thanks Prop for that one.

advanced builder 07-29-2011 04:55 AM

We all have done pretty well with buoy's No one has hit many. They use a cheap soccer ball in Ottawa. Bob has really gotten into the nitro this year.

engineman351 07-29-2011 06:20 AM

Hydro-Junkie, It would be quite a haul from Washington state to upstate NY...but if you ever get in the area give us a jingle. You won't even need to bring a boat...I'm sure one of us has a 'spare' set-up for 'Guest Drivers'!! Roger C.

Blackout 07-29-2011 06:21 AM

Sounds like we have Tunnel Thursdays at Stony Pond now. :D

The O.S. outboard seems more reliable than some of the gas engines.... :)

I have said it before, but I think I need to build a JAE 12. The 12 riggers might do well racing on Stony Pond also.

advanced builder 07-29-2011 06:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Sounds like we have Tunnel Thursdays at Stony Pond now. :D

The O.S. outboard seems more reliable than some of the gas engines.... :)

I have said it before, but I think I need to build a JAE 12. The 12 riggers might do well racing on Stony Pond also.
NOW YOUR TALKING , A good winter project I have a spare if needed I'm a better driver this year. No much excitement. It release #1 the first. It has a tab for the Soilinger rudder.

Hydro Junkie 07-29-2011 02:26 PM

Okay guys, I'm going to threaten or scare you. Springfield MA was awarded the National Square and Folk Dance Convention scheduled for June of 2015 and, as the wife see's it now, that could be enough of an excuse to go up to Boston, make a return trip to Madison and maybe hit upstate New York. My only question is when are you all going to head out my way?

engineman351 07-30-2011 07:40 PM

Hydro Junkie...Wow...that's still 4 years out!! The trees Craig just planted on the south end of Stony Pond might be tall enough by then to actually block some wind!! All of us will be on our second or third piston and sleeve in our OB motors!! But if you do make it by...we will have a boat for you to run!! As far as coming out your way...hey you never know where the wife wants to travel!! Advanced Builder (Neil) would probably drive out next week if you invited him to lunch. If you currently have any boats...maybe you could add some pics for us...and we will do the same. Roger C.

Hydro Junkie 07-30-2011 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got the following going on right now:
IN DRYDOCK;
this Pak sport 20 for a radio set up rework (picture 1)
this Muck scale for a transom rebuild and radio install (picture 2)
this Newton plan-based Pak sport 40 hull for a radio and cowl install (picture 3)
ON THE BUILDING BOARD;
a 1999 Miss Madison (picture 4)
a 1985 Executone (picture 5)
a Dumas Circus Circus
a Dumas Eagle sport 40
a Dumas modified sport 20 Pak (FOR THE WIFE, NOT ME and the subject of the so-called build thread)
a Dumas re-engineered Pak-to-Blue Blaster conversion
IN THE WORKS;
several other boats to be determined
IS THAT ENOUGH?

advanced builder 07-31-2011 04:31 AM

It sure is ,I can't wait get the air mattress out. 3 days running to get there. I'm leaving now

advanced builder 08-02-2011 05:46 AM

My truck over heated before I could get on the highway. Next year. I did order a new hull ,gas rigger. Next year for that . rigger madness . A new thunderboat is on hold.

Blackout 08-02-2011 08:55 AM

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

My truck over heated before I could get on the highway. Next year. I did order a new hull ,gas rigger. Next year for that . rigger madness . A new thunderboat is on hold.
A rigger will build easier than a thunderboat. Faster too! :)

Blackout 08-02-2011 11:15 AM

The weather looks good Thursday evening. Anyone want to run?

I'll run my .21 tunnel again and I'm gonna try to get my boom tubes replaced on the JAE .21 and run that more. My hope is to run .21 tunnel and .21 hydro at the next Elmira race....

Hydro Junkie 08-02-2011 12:57 PM

Send me a round trip plane ticket please so I can make the next one:D

engineman351 08-03-2011 07:24 AM

Craig and Bob,

I am planning to be there again Thursday night. I'll be running the same stuff... My VS1 .21 Tunnel and the small riggers. I have cut the head down on the OS .18TZ and I am still working on the JAE.12 pipe mount to lengthen it a bit. RAC

Blackout 08-03-2011 09:58 AM

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Craig and Bob,

I am planning to be there again Thursday night. I'll be running the same stuff... My VS1 .21 Tunnel and the small riggers. I have cut the head down on the OS .18TZ and I am still working on the JAE.12 pipe mount to lengthen it a bit. RAC
Sounds good Roger.

Blackout 08-03-2011 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Send me a round trip plane ticket please so I can make the next one:D
Maybe if you were a hot chick! :D

Hydro Junkie 08-03-2011 12:07 PM

And how do you know I'm not;)
Actually, I don't think the wife would have married me if I was:eek:

advanced builder 08-03-2011 01:30 PM

What about rigger Wednesday?kinda rainy today. I got 2 Futaba receivers from my LHS. I plan on using Futaba in my boats. I'm using Flysky in the .12 rigger no problems. My .67 rigger was Flysky but will be Futaba. I feel a little better with Futaba. Flysky has given my NO problems in boats or trucks. If I need to use I will

Blackout 08-03-2011 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

What about rigger Wednesday?kinda rainy today. I got 2 Futaba receivers from my LHS. I plan on using Futaba in my boats. I'm using Flysky in the .12 rigger no problems. My .67 rigger was Flysky but will be Futaba. I feel a little better with Futaba. Flysky has given my NO problems in boats or trucks. If I need to use I will
I should be running my .21 rigger tommorrow, along with my tunnel.

Bob, how is the 12 JAE coming?

advanced builder 08-03-2011 02:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have my spare.12 hull setting Craig. It's a .18 Go ,with my mods .Finding a Soilinger rudder is the problem. The kit is release #1
The new super light kit is #3 I think They do go together fast being so little.

PropCircles 08-03-2011 03:29 PM

Hi guys - yeah, the 12 rigger is still on the bench but I'm good for Thurs night tunnel racing. Been busy trying to put my skiff back together after Sunday's backflip.

C ya Thursday :D
Bob

advanced builder 08-04-2011 05:07 AM

My little .12 is ready. but my wallet says NO I'd like to test some props on the .67 rigger. My cat is getting a new drive line 3rd time. I moved the engine forward 5/8 " and the new copper pipe is longer on the inside of the hull. I had water coming up the tube when setting in the water. My strut has been cleaned up to accept the pipe. Switching engines around inside the hull, needed more room for the flex coupler. I'll keep fixing the few adjustments. But it's only 9:00 if I show up good. let me see.