Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Two-stroke motor template for H9 Katana 50

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Two-stroke motor template for H9 Katana 50

Old 03-30-2013, 07:51 AM
tesol1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two-stroke motor template for H9 Katana 50

Everyone,
I would like to put a two stroke motor on my Hanger 9 Katana 50, but I no longer own the template that comes with the plane. The template that I am referring to fits over the nose of the plane and has four guide holes that you drill throuh and use to place the motor mount. If you buy the ARF, it comes in the parts bag.

If someone has the template or the plane with a two-stroke motor on it,, can you tell me the positioning, i.e., measurement points, of the holes for the two-stroke motor? I called Hanger 9 and looked on line but I haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance for your help.
Tesol1
Old 04-03-2013, 12:35 AM
azbobcat4

Default RE: Two-stroke motor template for H9 Katana 50

I have one that i have used it will work fine for you e mail me i will send it to you just handle shipping cost.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:51 AM
tesol1

Azbobcat4
Thanks for the offer, but I did a bunch of measuring and put it on.  I happened to find the four-stroke template and the measurements match mine. However, I am not sure if the 4 stroke and 2 stroke measurements are the same.   If you have both templates and a few minutes, would you mind checking to see if the measurements are the same? 
Old 05-05-2013, 07:57 PM
tesol1

I didn't find the template for the motor until it was too late, but what I did worked out fine.  I simply lined up the propeller shaft with the vertical stab, took a couple of measurements so that things looked even and mounted the motor.  I flew it a few weeks ago and everything went well.  A few days ago, I found the template, and, wouldn't you know it, the measurements were right on the money.