Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

1.08 in an ugly stik

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

1.08 in an ugly stik

Old 05-24-2013, 04:51 PM
paulsreef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.08 in an ugly stik

I have a new 1.08 gathering dust, could I put it in a Great Planes Ugly Stik that is rated for a .60-.90 2-stroke glow? If not can you recommend an arf for this engine?
Old 05-25-2013, 04:44 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 1.08 in an ugly stik

Paul, I would do it in a heartbeat!! Have fun with it.
John
Old 05-26-2013, 06:44 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 175 Likes on 150 Posts

By today's standards the 108 is not a real powerhouse. Mine worked best with a 15x8. I would agree that it would make for a good combo however would suggest that you peel the covering off the wing center a few inches and glass the center section of the wing. You may want to investigate mounting servos in the tail to maintain CG.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:57 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a new generation OS 1.10 four-stroke in my Stick(.60-.90size).. It has every bit the power the 1.08 does, and uses a larger prop. No problem here... The Stick is rock stock. Its pretty incredible.

I say don't hesitate.. you'll wonder why you didn't do it before.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Paulsreef,
I installed a 20cc gas engine in my Big Stick. Believe me...your not over powering your model with a 1.08 on the nose. The .60 ~ .90 Big stick needs a few mods with a gas engine, but the model has a glide that never quits and can easily handle the power. Mine came out to, just a bit over 9#'s...and it had unlimited vertical. Its a lot of fun to fly...your going to love the model. I've been building Ugly Sticks for a good 40 years and my go to machine, when the weather is not to cooperative. Easy to fly, easy to build...even with a build up kit and one of the most predictable flying models I've ever flown.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui