Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

STICK Brotherhood!!

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

STICK Brotherhood!!

Old 07-24-2021, 09:42 PM
highhorse

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Count me among the Brotherhood please!

Been flying Sticks of one variety or other for a looong time. Even converted one to turbine :-)

My latest is this Seagull Classic Stick. It’s an OK but not great ARF. Here’s a thread on the Seagull variant, to which I have added my post-assembly two cents.

Seagull Classic Stick

And here’s what a Stick looks like in blue, which I rather like

Old 07-24-2021, 09:47 PM
highhorse

Here is a Great Planes Giant Stick, converted to turbine and next to a nitro sibling for reference:

The following users liked this post:
brickwoodward (Yesterday)
Old 07-25-2021, 06:27 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts

Nice looking plane all way round!
Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM
flyingagin

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I have had 2 sticks. A .60 size, and and .40 size. The .60 was a kit. Loved that plane. slammed it into a garbage dumpster. The dumpster survived.

The .40 sized was and ARF that modified the heck out of. Turned it into a twin with a pair of .25s. Had a structural failure in flight, and even though I got back to the runway, it became a kit again. Didn't rebuild.

Still have the plans for the .60 sized plane.

Salvaged a .40 stick wing from the trash can. Kept it a number of years. It is becoming a Super Sportster. Dowel and bolt on wing. Wing mounter mains.

No pictures of any of the past two sticks. But here is the .40 Super Sportster.

Ken
Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM
highhorse

Dude, that’s a nice kit-bash (making one kit into something different, not a reference to destruction) !
Please keep us updated as it comes along?
Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM
flyingagin

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks highhorse.
I have salvaged numerus plane parts mine or some one else after crashing them and made something else with them.

Right now my wife and I are in the process of moving from Ca. to Mo. Still hunting for a property. The house is packed up and mostly sitting in the garage in tubs. My shop tools are either packed the same way or pushed against the work bench (that is going also). I have a narrow path to walk thru. So until after the move all work on anything is temporally halted.

I do have a build thread for for the SS here.

Ken
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM
brickwoodward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingagin View Post
I have had 2 sticks. A .60 size, and and .40 size. The .60 was a kit. Loved that plane. slammed it into a garbage dumpster. The dumpster survived.

The .40 sized was and ARF that modified the heck out of. Turned it into a twin with a pair of .25s. Had a structural failure in flight, and even though I got back to the runway, it became a kit again. Didn't rebuild.

Still have the plans for the .60 sized plane.

Salvaged a .40 stick wing from the trash can. Kept it a number of years. It is becoming a Super Sportster. Dowel and bolt on wing. Wing mounter mains.

No pictures of any of the past two sticks. But here is the .40 Super Sportster.

Ken
hi, would you consider, renting, loaning or selling the 60 plans?? I had one and flew it for years and would love to build another!!
im at [email protected] email
thanks, bill

Last edited by brickwoodward; Yesterday at 09:56 PM.