Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Lemon RX?

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Lemon RX?

Old 06-11-2016, 02:46 PM
wally3185
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Lemon RX?

Has anybody out there recently tried to buy something from Lemon RX website. I have heard good things about their receivers. But it seems their website doesn't work very well or at all. Their US distributor (Scratch Builds) website isn't much better, no contact information.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:06 PM
PikeStaff

If you go directly to their website - lemon rx.com - it's easy to snoop around and buy what you came for. They have had some different pay outfit, other than PayPal, that has been a source of trouble but I believe they canned them and are back to normal. I think.

I've been using their standard ultra-lightweight 6 channel DSM2 Rex's for several years now, with only one failure....altho, to be candid, that rx had been crashed twice and had to have antennas replaced (which I did). They have worked without issue in scale planes (F4U and Pitts), EDF's (many!), and even an Extreme Flight 45" Extra 300. WS's from 33" to over 60". Ranges that my eyes are comfy with (I'm 62....) present no troubles at all.

Overall, I have been very satisfied that some $6 rx's have performed so very, very well. I have a buddy who did have some troubles with their bigger 10-channel rx, which they very promptly replaced for him. Can't say if he has used the replacement yet or not.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:00 PM
wally3185
My Feedback: (26)

Just tried there website again, couldn't get through the credit card process. I think at this point PayPal is the only option, they have. Thanks for your input. I'm not to far behind you at 56.
Old 05-20-2021, 04:58 PM
kbuch

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought two Lemon stabilizing Rx's last year. Put three flights on a old Royal P-51 with the lemon before it went haywire. Flying straight and level and then it just went out of control and rolled over into the trees. Went over into the trees with my tx looking for the bird. Found it after a good 10 minutes of looking. I located it by moving the sticks and listening for the servos and least the Lemon located the wreckage for me! It was suspended about 7' up in some smaller trees and I was just barely able to reach it. Needless to say my Lemons have been grounded and I am sticking with Futabas and Spektrums.