Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

EFXTRA Maiden, fast!

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

EFXTRA Maiden, fast!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 02:31 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default EFXTRA Maiden, fast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czb_A2DC0lg The legendary EFX racer is updated to the new EFXtra! And they come in 3 different colors, here is the maiden video of how I launch my green EFXtra from HobbyKing.

Initial impressions, this bird is AWESOME! Ive never had an EFX racer, so I wasn't 100% sure what to expect, but everyone needs one of these. It tracks like a pylon plane, carves corners with no bad habits, I am impressed.

Stay tuned, these also come with an FPV pod that goes on in place of the canopy, high speed FPV? Yes please! I cant wait to try that out. We are in a winter advisory here, with snow, freezing rain and NE winds, so as soon as this clears, Ill have some FPV action from the EFXtra.

In the video I used a 3s 2200MAH lipo, you want a higher C rating for this airplane. It includes two props, one for 3s and one for 4s. I have some 4s batteries on their way, so 4s flights will come soon. On the radar gun in the video flat and level its doing around 80 mph, with a little dive I was hitting 85-86 mph, I'm sure with 4s its over 100 mph.

Launching, 2/3 throttle, and a simple underhand toss, if you watch in the video, I hold the TX in my right hand, this way I'm fast on the elevator, in case there is a problem. I recommend this method to everyone on everything hand launched.

Landing was pretty easy, it glides very well, so judging landings can take a round or two, but its predictable with no bad habits. This is a winner! More to come soon!

Like, Comment and Subscribe!

www.facebook.com/JohnVHRC

Thanks to ShawnG and GBlynden for the help.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:47 AM
Alex70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I received today Nano-Tech 2200mah 6S 45-90C lipo, fit perfect inside the fuselage, good C.G. putting foam inside the fuselage in free space in front of lipo, isnīt a heavy battery for this plane (365g), I tested with APC speed 400 5.25x6.25 78A 1850W with fully charged lipo, seems good numbers for super power speed & nice 3-4 minutes of autonomy. For insane powerfull configuration I want to test with APC speed 400 5.5x6.5, anyone knows were can I by a pair of them?