Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

FMS P47 Thunderbolt

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

FMS P47 Thunderbolt

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 03:05 PM
Stickslammer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FMS P47 Thunderbolt

So I bought this foam P47 at a club auction, it`s got a 29" wingspan and I finally figured out why I couldn`t fly the thing. I must have cracked it up a half a dozen times. Tore off the gear, broke the wingtip off, creased both wings, broke the engine off the mounts. I patched it back up and had it sitting on the shelf. I figured it looked good as a static display.
Well, I was working on building my new Kobra today, but it was 65 degrees and sunny out, and I`m thinking I`ve got to get out and get at least one flight in. I was looking at that P47 ad had an idea. Instead of firewalling it, I tried taking off at about 1/2 throttle. It worked. Climbed out and flew it around for about 5 minutes. First time I`ve ever flown anything like this so it was a little squirrely up there.
So I couldn`t handle all that power trying to fly it previous times. The thing must be pretty awesome when you pour the coal to it. Maybe I can get good enough with it to really do some neat stuff with it. Guessing it`s got unlimited vertical, etc. Glad I didn`t totally destroy it. It`s a tough little airplane for a foamy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0109.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	3.75 MB
ID:	2246178  

Last edited by Stickslammer; 11-25-2017 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Add photo
Old 11-26-2017, 09:06 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

How about that. You don't have to burn holes in the sky to have fun.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:30 AM
Stickslammer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well. I always have fun flying, but sometimes you just gotta see how fast it will go.