Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Some evening aerobatics with the Fun Cub

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Some evening aerobatics with the Fun Cub

Old 08-11-2020, 08:40 AM
mo-wills14

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some evening aerobatics with the Fun Cub

Hey RC Universe! New member here from Ontario, Canada. I've been poking around here for a while and finally decided to join the forums and jump in. Lots of great info on here!

Wanted to share a quick video I made playing around with my Multiplex Fun Cub at the cottage this past weekend. I like this plane more every time I fly it. I am making a set of floats for it, and after some less than successful tests (floats were too big and made it very unstable in the air), I decided to take them off and hand launch from the dock and just belly land it in the water. My multiple failed test flights showed that it didn't seem to mind a quick swim as long as i dried it all out after, so I just went for it. Enjoy!

youtube.com/watch?v=C21gTQbgcXE&t

EDIT: The site won't let me link the video directly since I have less than 10 posts, so I posted it as text for you to copy into your browser. I hope this is OK!
The following users liked this post:
thailazer (12-10-2020)
Old 08-13-2020, 05:43 AM
thailazer

Welcome to RCU! Desperate men do desperate things and landing on water without floats proves you have what it takes! Reminds me of my crazier days when I was younger. You have a beautiful place to fly there.
Old 12-10-2020, 06:34 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (107)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't go to the field without my Fun Cub. I have flown the wings off it and she still comes back for more......
The following users liked this post:
thailazer (12-10-2020)
Old 12-15-2020, 08:01 PM
mo-wills14

Thanks!

Same here! I got an E-flite Ultimate 3D this summer too, which is awesome, but I still burn through more batteries in the Fun Cub at the field. It just flies so well, and does whatever I tell it to without hesitation or complaint. It's not as snappy, but it will do pretty much everything the Ultimate will (flying both on 3s), and can also fly backwards in a decent breeze with full flaps lol.