Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Value Planes Cloud Clipper 71 Sport conversion.

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Value Planes Cloud Clipper 71 Sport conversion.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 05:39 PM
Hortco

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Value Planes Cloud Clipper 71 Sport conversion.

My wife got me a Value Planes Cloud Clipper 71 vintage style kit for Christmas.
I’m a sport pilot so I did some mods to it to make it more fun to fly.
This kit came out in 2020 and has a 71” wingspan, 3-channel and calls for .28-.40 size engines.
Here’s the changes I made;
I removed most of the Dihedral, added Ailerons with servos in the wings, converted it to a bolt-on wing and added wing struts for sport flying,
I replaced the flimsy wire landing gear with an Aluminum landing gear with wheel pants, replaced the weak pushrods with Golden Rods, added a steerable tail wheel and reinforced some weak areas.
I mounted a TT.46 glow engine to carry the extra weight that was added.
For $109 this is a really nice plane BUT the instruction manual is horrible-it leaves out lots of details and uses words like “ wing girders”, “Paste and polish the wing mask” so you need to be an experienced builder to build it.
Wingspan is 71”.
Im waiting for a less windy day to maiden it.

Cloud_Clipper_Sport.

Modernized old timer.

Manufacturers photo of completed plane. I like my version much better and I’m sure I’ll like flying it much better too!