Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Chipka 300. Something a little different

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Chipka 300. Something a little different

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Mustang Man-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chipka 300. Something a little different

Here are a couple of photo's of what I call the Chipka 300. It's an example of what you can do after dumb thumbing one of your planes into the ground. The wing is a 64" Goldberg Chipmunk extended to 68" on a Great Planes JU-87 Stuka fuse with an Extra 300 cowl. Thus the name, Chipka 300. After I "dumb thumbed" the Stuka, destroying the wing a friend gave me an old Chipmunk wing he picked up somewhere and had laying around his shop for a few years, I think he gave it to me to make more room in his shop. After a few months I found myself with nothing to do one day and decided to see what I might be able to do with all this leftover junk. After looking things over I decided I had nothing to lose and started to work. The result is one of the best flying planes in my hangar. It does all the basic aerobatic manouvers with no problem and tracks like a pattern design and slow flight is as steady as a rock. This plane has become my "every day" plane and has provided me with more fun than I am entitled to. So if you find yourself with some left over bits and pieces don't put them in the round file until you have had a chance to explore all the possibilities.

Steve

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45128.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	249952   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47223.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	249953  
Old 03-27-2005, 07:20 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Chipka 300. Something a little different

Now thats Sport Flying at it's best. Nice looking plane.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Joe Ortiz
My Feedback: (75)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, a club member did the same with a wrecked Hog Bipe, the surviving wing eneded up in a Chaos.
Joe
Old 04-18-2005, 07:38 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did something similar once. Combined the remnants from Starfire and some other plane that I can't remember any longer; called the outcome "Debris" and had graphics for the name on the wing.

It was actually a very good flying plane, and it to became my every day flyer. I eventually damaged it beyond repair, but I had nothing to lose with that one.
Dennis-