Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

nitroplanes.com

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

nitroplanes.com

Old 02-09-2007, 01:17 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nitroplanes.com

I've only seen one or two locked threads.

The others (including those pointing out the "warts") are open.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:48 PM
llilly
My Feedback: (23)

I've bought several planes from Nitroplanes ((2) 60 CAP 232's, Giles 202 50, 25 size Extra 300, 25 size CAP 232, Chipmunk 50, (2) Yak 54's, 60 size Extra 300, etc.) and they've met my expectations. My buddies have bought many planes too (Bobcat jets, Pitts biplanes, Ultimate Bi-planes, etc.) and they've been happy. Everybody knows the instructions are lacking/missing, that the parts aren't the greatest, etc. but you can't expect the world when you only want to pay for an island. But, hey, they're cool planes and they fly great if you set them up right. I've been very happy with my airplanes even though NP's customer service isn't that great. I haven't needed their customer service and so I guess that's why I'm a happy customer. I'll definitely buy more from them in the future.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:30 AM
broke_n_bummin

ORIGINAL: Bob Paris

Hay Time Pilot,
Contact AK Models. They sell all the same kits, but answer your e-mails and phone calls.
yep ... and they're not "Sold Out" of everything.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:16 PM
drextest

The first red flag that warned me was a completely different covering scheme than that I had ordered. I should have sent it back but after looking at pictures on the web sight, I settled."sucker" I am refering to the ultimate 40s. New 2007 BLUE VERSION is what they call it. During assembly I noticed the covering pattern on the stab was off center and angled. After numerous phone calls I got a human and a $30 refund. Ok , but Ive been to the hardware store three times and the hobby shop twice. Why? To replace seventy percent of the hardware and missing pieces. In the poorly illustrated manual I noticed "world models tri-hom" and quickly visited their website. There, I found the model I ordered. It was on nitroplanes website, on the front of the box, in the manual, but not what they shipped me. I did many comparisons between the World Models product and what I recieved from Nitroplanes. There is a twenty five dollar difference between the two. The World Models arf is a better bargain by far. World Models claims Airborne Models is the only U.S. distributor. With the garbage Nitroplanes sent me you cant blame them.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:07 PM
opjose

Dunno...

I own both several versions of the WM and NP Ultimates... 1 of each destroyed, and 3 of each on hand.

I've noted the differences between the two in other threads.

There are pluses and minuses with each and everything seems to even out when you also consider the price difference...

e.g. the WM includes the pilot figure and a slightly better cowl, but the NP has MUCH better wheel pants, and a nicer carbane to fuselage mounting, etc.

The WM is fully sheeted in the fuselage, making it heavier but more sturdy than the NP plane, but the NP plane lends itself better to electrification. etc.

I've put together both sets of planes for the most part using the included hardware. Granted it's not top of the line Dubro stuff, but it's held up rather well. I regularly avoid the tail wheel though and use another one along with some quick links...

I would not call them "junk" by any stretch of the imagination. They both need a little work to get them right.

You should see the NP Ultimate 1.20... wonderful plane especially when you consider it's price.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:58 PM
ccameselle

I was going to buy a giles 202 from nitro planes but now I will not. I can buy a phoenix model extra 300 fromt tower for the same price. i will not gamble with my money and I will not come to this website to solve a problem that I may have when I buy something from a diferent website. It is Stupid to say that they are fixing their CS. If you buy something from Walmart.com They are not going to tell you to go to the customer service at kmart so you can get CS. If you call or e-mail NP and they do not answer or fix the problem then they are not fixing anything. I am used to the service that tower offers. I got a hobbico panel for my box and when it got to me the connection for the electrical gas pump will only work one way. I called them and they sent me a new one with out any questions or without asking for the old one back. Now that is customer service. TH still needs to fix the shipping time but i have never order something that I did not get on the time that they said that I was going to get it. I will buy from akmodel but I will not buy from nitroplanes. They havent even come on to this forum to apoligize or explain them self.[:@]
Old 03-26-2007, 01:35 PM
damroadhog

F Y I , Nitroplanes

Just an update: Customer service is much ,much better than it was.

I purchased a P-51 1.40 last Dec , had some small problems at that time with some broken parts in the box
it took some time to get them replaced but they were.

I put this plane aside for a wile because I am waiting for the RCV CD 130 to come out, from DEC to MAR I havent really done a lot with it. Now that the release date for the engine is coming around the corner I put this plane back on the bench, thats when I found I had a warped elevator.

I contacted John at Nitroplanes and they replaced it no questions asked.

Very pleased with Nitroplanes.

Dave

Old 03-26-2007, 01:42 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: ccameselle

They havent even come on to this forum to apoligize or explain them self.[:@]
Why should they?

This isn't their support forum.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:00 PM
ccameselle

I have bought stuff from a lot of internet companies and when I have a problem I rely on the forum to warn other people not to deal with that company. I have to say that almost 100% of the time someone from the company will come and apoligize and give some BS excuse as to why they were not able to help me or say that they are working on it or some crap like that. RCuniverse is one of the best forums out there if not the best and a lot of people come here to looks for reviews. You will think that they will wanna do some damage control and say something. If they have a forum dedicated just for them where you have to go to get some CS then they should look at other threads and talk to the unhappy people. I know I will never buy from them just for what I saw here. And I know there has to be others that think like I do. I do not want to wait a month or two for them to decide to fix my problem so I can fly my plane. if I buy it is because I wanna fly yesterday not a month from now
Old 03-26-2007, 02:20 PM
opjose

You may be better of venting in their support forum if you want resolution.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:22 PM
ccameselle

Thank god I do not need resolution. I did not buy from them. I was going to until I read this thread. Now I can assure you I will not buy from them ever! You should read the thread before giving your advice.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:40 PM
opjose

Then what's the problem?

Complaining about a company you've never done business with?

Sheez. for the most part anyone that has purchased from them and had a problem, has had it resolved quickly and expidiciously, including myself.

I can speak from experience upon multiple instances, not from merely here-say.

You should post with accuracy before bad-mouthing anyone you have NO interchanges with.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:47 PM
ccameselle

Read the thread, or do not reply to it. You are wrong!
Old 03-26-2007, 03:10 PM
opjose

Read the thread, or do not reply to it. You are wrong!
I have DIRECT and REAL experience, you have none.

And I'm "wrong"?

No, you don't know what you are talking about.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:49 PM
ccameselle

I have a felling that you either work for them or you have some king of gain out of defending them. When I sau that you are wrong is because I am answering to something else that is not what you are talking about. I made a seach with your name and you seem to defend them a lot even when they come up to the forum and apoligize for mistakes and long delays in answering to their customers. So At this point I will stop responding to your replies. YOu have your opinion and I have mine and I will not spend my money with Nitro Models and anyone who ask me about them I will tell them to stay away. So Good bye opjose and good luck.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:01 PM
opjose

Good luck and good riddance then.

I don't "defend" anyone that doesn't deserve it.

I have been well treated by them, that is all.
I've been able to help others with issues as a result.

Do you always badmouth people you have no experience with?

I would hope not.

Buy from whomever you wish. What works for you may not be optimum for someone else.

Making unfounded claims is specious.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:14 AM
ccameselle

I was thinking that I was gonna be able to let this go but I can't. It just happens that yesterday when I went to the airfield and talked to a couple of my friends there they told me how there experience was dealing with Nitro planes. Out of 5 people that were there only 2 had ordered from them. And guess what they both had problems and they both say that the CS is not really that desirable. Since yesterday we had this discusion I decided to test Nitro planes myself and sent an e-mail to them asking a simple question regardin one of their planes. I will keep you posted on the time that it takes to answer. Keep in mind that I asked the same answer to ak-models and I will post who will answer first.
I do not need to have first time experience with a company to create my opinion. I can just ask my friends. It is the same as you asking your friends about the new restaurant that opened down the street and that you want to try. If they tell you that the service is really bad, the food was served cold when it was souposed to be really hot and that when you complained they did not do anything about it. Would you go to that restaurant? Probably not. It is the same in this case. I see the people that had a bad experience out number the people that had a good experience. That for me means that I have to take an unnecesary chance buying from that company. If they were the only ones that sold the plane that I wanted I might act diferently but there is another company that sell the same exact plane at the same exact price and that will stand behind the sale and will offer you help. That is why the BBB was invented to rate companies and there CS. Let say that nitro just changed the way they do things and they are offering the best cs on the web now. It will take a while for people to start beliving in them and giving them their business. I am not badmouthing anyone. I just expresing my opinion the same way the you are. I did not tell anyone do not buy from nitro planes. I just said that after reviewing this post and seeing all the unhappy people I would not buy from them. You or anyone else for that matter do not have to follow me on my desicion. My desicion is mine and mine alone. Forums are to inform people and I do not think a new potential customer will base their desicion to buy from NP based on what I said here or what opjose said here or anybody else for that matter. If they do then they are not very smart shoppers. I have already heard that NP have some CS issues and that you may or may not get waht you pay for. And that came from close friends and they recomended me another comapny that will carry the same product same price and better service. So me personaly will go with the other company. But I will recomend anyone here that if they are going to buy anything on the web to research who they are buying from. Again this is just my opinion and I will not recomend anyone here to make up their mind based on my opinion.

Thank you
Old 03-27-2007, 09:51 AM
opjose

Well you really can't believe what movie critics say, nor your friends restaurant choices.... but that's a bit irrelevant as an analogy since we are not talking about food.

Larger companies have entire support organizations which translate into faster responses, etc... but the downside is usually higher prices to pay for those salaries that are required.

NP seems to be a "box and go" operation.

If you are cognizant of this and are willing to for go support, ( and yes sadly well written manuals ), you'll do Ok.

I've often espoused that NP is not a good starting place for those without 2-3 plane ARF experience from other vendors.

That said, considering the prices for the planes, it's not a bad deal for what you get with the known caveats.

You may choose to purchase from someone else, and that's your perogative. There is nothing wrong with that.

Badmouthing people based on pure hearsay does not serve any purpose.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:02 AM
ccameselle

You keep saying that I am Badmouthing them I just saying what I am going to do and to make it more relevant. if I am ever asked about NP I will give my OPINION based on what my friends have told me and the experience that I get from me trying to contact them. (So far no answer). You sound like the type of person that like to experience things first hand good or bad. I am not and I know there is a lot of people like me out there. People that will rely on other peoples experiences and information from reliable sources to make their desicion. That is what I'm doing.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:45 PM
opjose

People that will rely on other peoples experiences and information from reliable sources to make their desicion. That is what I'm doing.
And -THIS- "reliable" source who has many NP planes in his inventory, has had good first hand experience along with many other club members.

The ( your ) criteria of lack of a response to an e-mail formulating the basis of your purchases, is fairly weak to make an all encompassing warning to others, especially since you probably targetted the wrong address.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Sneasle

ok boys, calm down before ya'll get this thread locked.

One of you likes NP, the other doesn't. Your more then entitled to your opinions, but they have already been expressed adequately.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:05 PM
ccameselle

I gues you are looking to have the last word on this and be right at the same time. well let me tell you that if my friends are not reliable sources to tell me that I should not buy from NP because their CS Sucks and they do not take care of customer like ak-models does. then you are not even close to a source for information on why I should buy from them. I do not know you and I do not belive a word that you are saying. You may be the owner of NP for all I know and that is why you are defending them so much. It doesn't matter what you said or do, they lost my business and having people like you defending them will encorage me more not to buy from them. I will not recomend them to anyone. Ak-models offers the same planes with a lot of better support. so there. I will buy from AK-models.com and not from nitro.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:15 PM
opjose

I gues you are looking to have the last word on this and be right at the same time. well let me tell you that if my friends are not reliable sources to tell me that I should not buy from NP because their CS Sucks and they do not take care of customer like ak-models does.
Wow, then I guess you work for Ak-models or something similiar based upon the logic you are using...

Again all of this is heresay as you haven't experienced this directly, so you have no room to post as such.

Your friends should be the ones making any assertions, so that they can be properly examined, critiqued, resolved or agreed to.

Saying something "sucks" without the possibility of reviewing the rational and or the attempts at correction involved is specious.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:39 PM
ccameselle

That is you OPINION and I have theright to disagree with it and I do. Nothing that you can say or do will change my mind and I will not recomend that website to anyone, nor I will use it my self. You can say whaever you want. I do not want to place an order with a company where I will be rolling the dice with my money. The first hand experience of a personal friend should be enough for someone to make up there minds. If it is not for you then you go ahead and play games with your money. I will not do that. I will not go to a company and buy something knowing that I may have problems and I may not have resolution to my problem. You wanna gamble with your money you go right ahead I will not do that or advise anyone to do it. So I will never buy from Nitromodels.com. (I have a feeling that this is going to be a long thread )
Old 03-27-2007, 02:59 PM
opjose

The first hand experience of a personal friend should be enough for someone to make up there minds.
Ah, so the "friends" has turned into a "friend".

So we have the experience of someone you know that has not posted here directly to recount their woe.

A very small sampling to be making such a blanket assessment.

Using this logic, if a friend of yours reports what one critic says and that sways your movie choices, don't buy from NP!

How do you KNOW that you are "gambling"? You have no basis for this. Again heresay and badmouthing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.