Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 nitroplanes.com >

nitroplanes.com

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

nitroplanes.com

Old 09-09-2006, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitroplanes.com

Hello from ma. has anyone had a plane from nitro models? There prices are very cheap. I was wondering if the planes are junk.Also what brand of covering they use.Thanks
Old 09-09-2006, 08:56 AM
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: nitroplanes.com

Well they do fly, but to get my plane right I had to re hash it a bit. I threw out all there hardware and used du bro, had to make hard wood dowel mounts to hold front of wing on properly at the proper incedence. as long as you have built a few planes before then you'll be ok. my cap 232 came out just fine with a little work and fly's great. as for the covering I have no idea what it is.

Bill
Old 09-09-2006, 09:55 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Someone at our club bought the .40 size P-40. From the looks of it, the airframe is good, but the included hardware is something to be desired. I think the landing rear was made from recycled clothes hangar wire. Very flimsy. The plane itself flies very well.

One more thing I forgot to mention. The fuse is fiberglass. He crashed it in a full throttle dive and it actually held up pretty nice. If he has some fiberglass skills I belive it is repairable.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:53 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Guys....
Just a head up with dealing with Nitro Planes.com . I have a real upset with this company. The models they sell can be bought from AK Models, and AK Models will support you. Nitro Planes .com will not support you...will lie to you, send you false information and take your money. I've had an on going problem trying to get my kit parts that were damaged in the box and missing all together. I tried for two months to get my kit parts missing and damaged and now it's heading toward four months since I bought my P-38 and I am still dealing with my credit card company over this company. Be very careful who you buy from and ask around. Nitro Models and Raidentech both give no...I'll repeat this...NO customer service, will supply no spare parts and do not honor any customer service needs. Nitro Models will take your money...but refuse to answer e-mails or phone calls about incomplete kits. Beware of Nitro Models.com.

If you want a China Made model...buy from AK models...they have a good reputation.

The best to you and soft landings always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 09-27-2006, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Bob. I was thinking of ordering a Tiger Moth from Nitroplanes.com and was waiting to order pending an answer to an email. Almost put the order in anyway thinking that I could figure out what I needed to know when I got the plane, but maybe it's a good thing that my email was unanswered. [8D]
Old 09-27-2006, 06:27 PM

Hay Time Pilot,
Contact AK Models. They sell all the same kits, but answer your e-mails and phone calls. I've read reports where this is a good company to do business with. Don't discount the current China Models products just because Nitroplanes.com has a lousy reputation...others sell their products at the same cost, with much better customer service.
Good luck,
Bobby of Maui
Old 09-27-2006, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Bob Paris
I've read reports where this is a good company to do business with.
So you've never done business with them personally?

Don't discount the current China Models products just because Nitroplanes.com has a lousy reputation.
Haven't done that. I'll just look for another vendor.

Thanks.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:21 PM

Time Pilot,
No I've never bought from them before. But I did e-mail them about parts I needed, and I did receive an answer within 24 hours. They only support folks that buy directly from them...and you can't blame them for that. I have read from several folks that have bought from them, and all received prompt answers from them.

It's just word of mouth...but I find guys here on R/C Universe to be straight up about venders. I follow the well worn path to venders that have a good reputation.

My true feelings about NitroPlanes.com are not printable...and none are nice. The guys take your money and when you receive less then you bought from them...they just give you the up lifted finger and do nothing. There are many, many guys here that have posted complaints about this company.

Soft landings always,
Bobby of Maui

Old 09-28-2006, 12:01 AM

Bob, the irony! I just received the answer to my email from Nitroplanes, although they didn't answer one of my three questions. Looking at prices, Ak Models is the same after shipping is added.

I'm trying not to buy too many planes though, but I've always liked Tiger Moths. I see Costco has Xmas stuff out already. Do you think it's too early to start buying myself presents?
Old 09-28-2006, 12:47 AM

Time Pilot,
Sure...as long as they are taking your money...they are there. I never said that they didn't like your money...and if you have no issues with your kit...your home free. They will send you the kit, and you will get your kit within a week. If for any reason you end up with a kit with missing or damaged parts, you may or may not hear from them...and you may or may not ever recievce your missing parts. And if you do ever get your parts that were missing or damaged...it will be months before you may get them...thats if you get any.

Its called "Customer Service and honoring the sale." After four months of dealing with NitroPlanes.com, I learned that these folks have no idea what integrity is. I just call it like I see it. It's your money.

Customer service is what keeps me faithful to venders. There are some venders so intune with the hobby and giving it a good name...I buy from them, even if it cost a couple of bucks more. And most of these venders, have the best prices in town. Reputation and integrity is everything to me.

I don't drink, or go to bars...I don't smoke and I don't go to church much either. I blow all my money on this hobby. To me...having Chistmas only one time a year is unrealistic...once every couple of months works for me. I bought this P-38 for my birthday...four months early. I've already got my eye on Christmas...but it ain't out yet...a Cedar Hobbies B-52. I'm on the list...and I'm gona have this one.

Soft landings always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 09-28-2006, 03:07 AM

Please take caution when dealing with Nitro Planes. I order one of their new YAKS when it arrived the cowl was completely smashed. I called Nitro Planes and was told to E-mail customer support. I did this 3 times over a span of 2 weeks. I then called again as a follow up. This time the man that answered the phone put me through to a customer support rep. He told me that they do not sell parts for the planes that they sell. But if someone returns one that is damaged they may sell me a new cowl out of that one.. Other than that the guy offered me a $5 credit for my next purchase.. I have now reported this to VISA as mail order fraud.. So again Please take caution when dealing with these crooks. I have been modeling for 20+ years and got suckered in by a good deal.. To good to be true as it turns out..[]
Old 09-28-2006, 07:02 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK. Here's the deal. You pays your moeny, you takes your chances. I bought the Tiger Moth. Minimal at best instructions. Great flying airplane. Hardware- about 50% of it actually usable. Landing gear is being replaced by a cub type, shock absorbing gear.
Would I buy another one? SURE. I like the challenge. If you don't like saving money and being challenged occasionally, then don't whine when you get one that's not perfect.
And if you put down a company you uave never bought from, i find that ironic also...
Old 09-28-2006, 01:11 PM

Cjtyped,
There are good venders here that sell China Model aircraft kits...just go buy from them. I had had no idea that Raidentech and NitroPlanes.com were one in the same company...if I did...I would have bought my model from another vendor. I learned the hard way.

And yes you pay's your money...and I disagree with you on taking chances with...MY money. No matter what price I pay for a kit...I expect to receive that kit, in good order and promply. If the kit has issues...I expect to have the vendor to make it right. I don't care who I bought the kit from.

My cheque's and money are good...I expect the hobby items to be as good. If not...and you do not honor our agreement...and have taken my money...your on my list. NitroPlanes.com is on my list...They earned it, and their reputation is in the sewer.

Soft landings always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 10-09-2006, 08:53 AM
My Feedback: (44)

Hi, I recently bought the Yak52 from Nitroplanes. I actually bought it after seeing the price & thinking that I would return it if I DID NOT like the kit/quality.

However on receiving it, I was surprised to see the quality/constuction. Its at par with the 28% giant scale I have. Plenty of laser cutting to reduce weight & airframe seems strong. Harware was 50% usable. Landing gear is decent/strong

Anyway I maidened my Yak 52 yday with the following setup:

Saito 82a @ 14x4W APC (side mounted)
HS 625MG for rudder & elevator with 4-40 pushrods
HS 545 for ailerons
HS 225 for throttle
Panasonic 1650 Nimh
Dubro 10oz fuel tank (the one that came with the kits is too small + burst at the seams while tightning the stopper)
2.75" foam wheels I already had

Modifications
- Used a C/F tube instead of elevator joiner to reduce/avoid flexing
- Had drilled holes for DClips in the Anti Rotation dowels (as recommended by WildHare planes) after seeing CRASH's video at WKA

Take off was smooth & needed ONLY 4-5 clicks of left aileron to have the plane fly hands free !!!. I was pleasently surprised that I did not need any elevator/rudder trim Also most probably I needed the left trim as I have mounted the engine sideways & did not lateral balance the plane.

Power is plenty for this plane & it hovers at 1/2 throttle. Vertical is unlimited.

I found NO coupling in Knife Edge & could KE the whole runaway holding only rudder.

Harriers are not bad with very little wing rock. Flat spins are decent.

The plane slows down pretty good for landings & glides very well.

I did not go crazy on the plane as it was the first day flying.

Overall I am VERY impressed by the quality & the flying characterictics of this plane. It definately is a keeper at $125 & I would highy recommend this to anyone

--Arvind
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39464.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	537729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25259.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	537730  
Old 10-26-2006, 10:09 PM
JTE

Yes a trash place to deal with DO NOT SHOP AT NITRO MODELS R/C PLANES parts missing . No calls no emails. They should be run out of the countrie
Old 10-26-2006, 10:35 PM

Hay Guys...
I know this forum has been seriously trashing NitroModels/NitroPlanes....To include me. But last week, I was finaly contacted by NitroModels, by phone, e-mail and here at RCU.

In all fairness, they made every thing right for me...and yes...it took months...but I do believe they are changing their Customer Service...or making an effort to do so. They have a forum in the ARF section, where you can contact them through RCU...or you may try to call them during normal working hours, Pacific Standard time.

A gentleman by the name of Bob Laine stepped in for me and contacted NitroModels in my behalf-I had already given up...and things began to click for me. Believe me, my tail feathers were more then just a little ruffled by their performance in the past...and I haven't been very nice to them in several forums here at RCU.

They made it right for me, promised to do better, changing staff and trying to make a change. Maybe...just maybe they are trying to change their tune.

I suggest every one with a lagit beef with them, to try to e-mail them and call them in California. They are now answering their phone.

I pray I'm not just blowing hot air here...but try one more time...and post here your results.

Soft landings always,
Bobby of Maui

Old 10-29-2006, 11:38 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Time Pilot,
No I've never bought from them before. But I did e-mail them about parts I needed, and I did receive an answer within 24 hours. They only support folks that buy directly from them...and you can't blame them for that. I have read from several folks that have bought from them, and all received prompt answers from them.

It's just word of mouth...but I find guys here on R/C Universe to be straight up about venders. I follow the well worn path to venders that have a good reputation.

My true feelings about NitroPlanes.com are not printable...and none are nice. The guys take your money and when you receive less then you bought from them...they just give you the up lifted finger and do nothing. There are many, many guys here that have posted complaints about this company.

Soft landings always,
Bobby of Maui

I've never had an issue with NitroPlanes. I received an Omei 2000 and when it arrived the fuse was cracked. I took some pictures and e-mailed them to NitroPlanes. NitroPlanes sent me a replacement fuselage "no charge" straight off. the replacement fuse arrived so well packed that even UPS couldn't destroy it. I doubt they made any money off this sale after shipping since it was such a cheep ass plane to boot. I would definately buy from them again!

A.R. Whitman
Old 11-04-2006, 02:39 PM

If it is a cheap tigermoth that you want try dymond i bought on of there tm 40's an it went toghter super easy super fast an is a fantastic flyer with a supertigre 45 on her she flatspins perfect knifeedges inverted flight hammerheads an super slow landing an she was really cheap
Old 02-06-2007, 09:11 PM

I am in middle of TRYING to contact nitroplanes now. I crashed my Chipmonk and need some parts. I have emailed both email sites shown on their homepage. NO RETURNED email. Called and called for week and a half now and 4 more emails. I just want to BUY parts;can't imagine if I were trying to resolve an issue. If you buy one of their planes,do not FLY it;you will never get any parts. I'm sticking with HORIZON HOBBY/Great customer service if you need it. RACJ
Old 02-08-2007, 01:34 PM

Well, this thread has certainly been an eye opener about NitroPlanes. I bought a beautiful Staudacher S300 about 2 months ago and am in the process of slowly building it. One of our club members warned me that he had never heard anything good about them, but it was too late.....I had already ordered the plane. I have an extra motor and all electronics and this plane seemed like it would fit all of it, and at $99 (plus shipping), it was a good deal.

The plane arrived in good shape and, so far, all the parts are there. The wing is fully wrapped with balsa, then coated, which is the first I've seen of this construction, and it is beautifully done. So far, I don't think I'm going to have to tighten the coating anywhere when it's done.

The only disappointment I have had is in the build. First of all, there are only photos and diagrams on the manual, nothing written out to explain things in better detail, and advise the builder. This would not be good for a first time builder. And I'm not much beyond that. I have done only the first stages of the build on two earlier models, then turned them over to the LHS to finish mounting the motors and electronics. But with this one, I decided to do it all, take my time, and ask lots of questions of other club members. I figured it was time I learned to do this. And this brings me to my second observation.

A lot of the little things that were already done precisely on my previous ARFs, were NOT DONE AT ALL on this model. Little things like drilling the holes in the wing for the mounting bolts, and predrilling the holes for the wing pegs so they were straight and level and matched up. I've made several small mistakes and hope they don't become critical, but being that this is my first attempt at completely building it, that's to be expected. And, trying to figure out how to do things right that were already done on other ARFs has proved to be more of a challenge that I was ready for. I am learning more, and that's good, as long as it'll still fly when I'm done.

So, it seems to me, this is how they keep the prices so low. They ship them out with less work done by them, and more that you have to do. So, if you're prepared for that and have some building experience, you should be okay. So far, I have not had to contact customer service, and if I do, I hope the efforts they are making to improve the service is ongoing. It sure is a beautiful plane, and I'd hate to start hating it due to frustration with NitroPlanes.

I do agree with the idea that my money is good, and companies I buy from should be just as good to me if they want me to buy from them again. That's only fair!!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:28 PM

I wanted to order a plane from them but wanted to ask a question aboput shipping. Sent 2 emails and left message on answering machine. NO REPLY at all so decided that if they can't even look after that part of the business , to he-- with them.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:39 PM

The amount of "work" left up to you varies upon the model you purchase.

Some seem to be as good as far more expensive ARFs, with ok but not great hardware.

Others leave things up to the builder too much and you can forget about most of the included hardware.

The directions are rudimentary. By the time you are ready to be purchasing planes from Nitroplanes/Nitromodels you should already have more than a few under your belt... ideally only needing the directions for reference.

I've never have had any problem getting any responses from NP via e-mails, (make sure you ISP's SPAM filters are OFF Norm.) Usually within a day or at most two, EXCEPT when their staff is away, and then they respond within the week.

I've had them call me in the evening to rectify a mixup on a $2.00 item... not worth the cost of the phone call...

They've also resolved major problems in a very timely fashion...

Old 02-08-2007, 09:58 PM

Please get them to send me horizontal stab/elevator for CMPro Chipmonk 40. I'll be happy to pay them and pay you a sales commission RACJ
Old 02-08-2007, 11:29 PM

No commision, but check your PM's.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:11 PM

Why are the nitroplanes. Good and bad locked??????????????????????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.