Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Which motor for SR Telemater?

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Which motor for SR Telemater?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 06:54 PM
disqgolfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which motor for SR Telemater?

I have a Senior Telemater on order and am looking for some input on whick motor to put in it. I have a Super Tigre .61 and a Super Tigre 90 both 2 stroke both sittin on the self looking for a new home. They say it will fly with a .61 2 stroke but this is a large plane. I am kinda leaning toward the .90 as we may use this plane to tow up 2 meter gliders. Any thoughs or experance would be nice Thanks Craig
Old 09-23-2006, 08:53 PM
CCRC1
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Which motor for SR Telemater?

This is the one I built with an Enya .80 4-stroke and it was plenty of engine. The Telemaster is a big floater and if you can afford to put a 4 stroke into it, you won't regret it. I flew this one with a 14x4 prop and it was dream. The only problem (if you can call it that) was it didn't want to land. It would fly 6 inches off the deck for the entire length of the runway.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27234.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	529247  
Old 09-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Desqgolfer,
I have built and flown the kit from Hobby Lobby years ago. I guess the ARF is quite close to kit. I've flown my Sr. Telemaster with a K&B .61. In fact I have warn out my first engine in this model, sent it in to C. Lee for a rebuild and have it back in the model. I've read where this model has flown with a good .40 to .46 too...and a Super Tiger .90 will be way more power then needed to do the honors of powering your model. There is one that flew quite well with a .60 four stroke...so I would feel any good .46 to .61 will do the trick.
Soft landings,
Bobby of Maui
Old 02-24-2007, 10:10 PM
w4stp

I have a Sr. Telemaster and it has an O/S 91 on it and the plane and engine is awsome fly it fast or fly it slow it is a great plane and remember this plane does not want to land at all ! it will float the full length of the runway ! You will love this plane once you get used to the way it fly's !
Old 04-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Snowball1952
My Feedback: (22)

I flew mine with a Super Tigre .61 and it did great. Plenty of power.