Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 Ultimate or Pitts......Which one? >

Ultimate or Pitts......Which one?

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Ultimate or Pitts......Which one?

Old 02-17-2007, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate or Pitts......Which one?

Looking to get my first bi-plane, 40 (50) size. I'm an ok pilot.... not into 3D, just ripping up the sky. I like the looks of both, but the covering on the Nitro models Pitt is really sharp. Any thoughts out there?
Old 02-17-2007, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ultimate or Pitts......Which one?

ORIGINAL: glolectric

Looking to get my first bi-plane, 40 (50) size. I'm an ok pilot.... not into 3D, just ripping up the sky. I like the looks of both, but the covering on the Nitro models Pitt is really sharp. Any thoughts out there?
My first bipe was and is the World models Ultimate 40S. Set up low rates an expo and grow with it. Mine is very pitch sensitive (elevator does a lot with little movement) So that is where most of my expo is used. I would not recomend the Nitro Models Ultimate as it is built a little weaker. I am not familiar with the Pitts. The World models Ultimate can be found here:
http://www.airborne-models.com/html/...p?ProductID=84
Even though it looks the same... It is not. You get what you pay for... or at least that's what they say
Old 02-21-2007, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultimate or Pitts......Which one?

Weaker?

I wouldn't say so.

The NP version is not fully sheeted, as the WM one is.

But the NP uses more ply in the formers and supports so things even out.

The WM version has a nicer looking cowl IMHO, but the NP has MUCH better wheel pants.

Struts are about equal in strength (I've broken them on both planes).

The carbanes on the NP do not have the cross brace, but the fuselage mount is held up by more screws and supported by more ply so things even out.

I don't know how many times I've crashed my NP plane, yet it has held up rather well.

I do not find it "weaker" than the WM version by any stretch... just built a little differently.

Each has it's plusses and minuses, but there is no vast difference between the two... except for possibly the pilot figure, cowl clear gudes and template on the WM version.

The wing template is not needed on the NP version due to the way the mount is designed... it's just poorly documented however though I see the newer 40S's use the exact WM design again... sigh....