Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 3D type plane? >

3D type plane?

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

3D type plane?

Old 02-21-2007, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D type plane?

Would a 3D style plane make for a good sport flyer....asking because some of the 3D planes sure to look sexy!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:40 PM

Default RE: 3D type plane?

IMHO-3D flying IS sport flying unless you are in 3D competition and then that is ALSO sport flying. My definition of sport flying is just simply flying for fun.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The GP U-Can-do or the Hangar-9 Twist will both do 3D but make nice, comfortable sport flyers on low rates. The GP Reactor is supposedly great at it all; I may have to buy one and find out.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:32 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The only one I know of that is NOT a good sport flier is the Funtana 90. It's a bit too fragile for high-speed flight
Old 02-22-2007, 01:35 PM

A yak is a great plane. they have very large wing area and a very light wing loading.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:52 PM

i'm new to the site, and just getting back into the sport, its been about 10 years.....i just watched the video of the gp reactor, WOW! that thang is sick! i've never flown electric planes, used to have a funhawk, extra 300 and 4star, all gas powered......my ?, how much are these electric motors and radios? are most people flying these now, or are people still flying gas too? thanks for tha info
Old 02-25-2007, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Electric although it can compete with gas in performance is still expensive. 2 stroke glow is cheaper then anything else. Any of the current 6 channel computer radio's will work unless your planning on doing something fancy. If your going to buy a radio, I would get a 2.4 ghz such as Spektrum DX7. 72 mhz is on its way out. Do some reading, alot has changed.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:29 PM
My Feedback: (1)

A U Can Do makes a good sport flyer as well as some 3D.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:02 PM

okay, thanks for tha info....yeah, i just got some magazines, sport flyer and model airplane.....you're right alot has changed, there are so many ARF'S now, and alot of them look like really good quality and its amazing how light they are now........i think i'm gonna get the reactor, thanks for tha help.