Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 First Flight of this Spring! >

First Flight of this Spring!

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

First Flight of this Spring!

Old 03-12-2007, 08:52 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First Flight of this Spring!

Well after a very windy winter this past Sunday was warm with only light winds. I loaded up and went to a local outlaw field where they also built a dirt track for 1/8 scale buggies. My son ran his 1/10 scale stadium truck. I flew my old trusty US 60 this year with a new Saito 100 and new 9C and rec. I took my time range checking with the engine off and running and then had a great flight. It sure felt good to fly again. Now I've got to get to work on a set of floats for this plane for some fun on the water.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Flight of this Spring!

I too just got out for the first time this spring at the AMA national flying site in Muncie, IN (It's nice to have all that space dedicated to RC 20 minutes away.) I'm not that experienced of a pilot but soloed last year with my Aerostar 40. Got her up on Monday with a 10 mph wind and flew well! The sim paid off this winter. Hope all your first flights of the spring go just as well! Can't wait to get my Venture 60 up for the first time!