Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 whats the next plane? on not? >

whats the next plane? on not?

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

whats the next plane? on not?

Old 04-10-2007, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the next plane? on not?

hey guys i just wanted to what to get as my next plane, well i just started flying i mean just started 4 days one gallon of fuel flying a Kyosho Calmato Sport 40 (didnt start with a wing up) everything was smooth and fine and i was capable enough to control it and do some manuevers. on my number 12 landing it was getting dark after the plane landed safley it hit a metal rod sticking out of the ground so its a gonner [:-] now i`m thinking of what to get next , i have an engine already and servos are all fine the engine is a .56 tiger shark (i know cheap and chinese but good). so what u guys think is a good plane that i can have fun with and still go forward on learing curve? i dont like 3D.

i read around and it seems that a Stick would be a good choice, what u guys think? and what else is also available ?

thanks
Yogy

Old 04-10-2007, 08:23 AM

Default RE: whats the next plane? on not?

You can't go wrong with a stick. IF you have a computer radio and the mixing functions, the H9 Ultra stick is a nice plane.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 AM

Sig 4 star 40 if you think your up for a tail dragger. Easy flyer that can be aerobatic. Easy on the wallet. Kit and ARF flavors that will fit your gear.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:41 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ditto on Stik and 4*

A few others would be:

Tiger II
Pulse XT
Super Sportster 40 MKII
Old 04-10-2007, 03:48 PM

hey guys thanks for all the info. i`ll have a look around the LHS`s and see what i can find

Yogy
Old 04-10-2007, 08:40 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Too bad about the Calmato Sport. I think you would have been flying that for a long, long time before you ever truly tired of it. Most of the Extra 300S ARFs on the market are a good transitional plane from low-wing trainer to scale aerobatics. The Extras have nice smooth handling characteristics and they don't tend to snap stall like the Caps or Edges if you get them too slow.

A good pattern ARF like the Great Planes Venus 40 or a World Models Groovy 50 F3A, Spot On 50, Aero Pet 50, or Zen 50 would also be a nice step up from the Calmato Sport. Like the Extra 300S, they'd need to be landed a little more quickly than the Calmato did, but they would otherwise be well behaved while capable of terrific aerobatics.

Good luck and good shopping!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:58 PM

Nice landing . At least you already flew a low winger. I say a 4 star, or a super sportster now. If you were proficient with the calmato then go with a stik, somthin extra, or my favorite a PROFILE[8D]
Old 04-23-2007, 10:31 PM

whats up yogy

Im thinkin a ultra stick or a pulse xt.. maybe a tiger 2 or 60
Old 05-23-2007, 07:47 PM
My Feedback: (9)

The Supersportster .60 comes to mind. your Tigre Shark should be able to handle it. Or maybe a .60size stik...Either one is a good choice. You may want to go with the Goldberg Tigre, it seems to handle a little better than the sportster and slows a little more for landing. Sportster keeps you on your thumbs...