Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 Found an old version ULTRASPORT 40 ARF >

Found an old version ULTRASPORT 40 ARF

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Found an old version ULTRASPORT 40 ARF

Old 04-12-2007, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found an old version ULTRASPORT 40 ARF

New in the box at a local shop. I've heard a lot about these old planes. There is some kind of weird covering on it. I don't think it can be removed, can you cover over it? Is this old plane worth buying? It looks like its set up for retracts and it looks like it would be pretty darn quick. Any advice?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:53 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Found an old version ULTRASPORT 40 ARF

About all I can tell you is, they are made of a weird material, but they fly great.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:40 AM

That covering is part of the structure. If you remove it, you'll most likely have to add some beef to the plane. This wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but I'd probably not do it unless and until there was a reason to remove the original covering. The plane flies well and would make an excellent sport ship.....but you probably already knew that.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:54 AM

thanks for the reply. I have money for a new plane and ran across this old ARF and am still trying to decide what to buy. I was looking for something that could be FAST and still be a fun sport flyer.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:32 PM

If the price is good Id say go for it. I dont have an arf but I do have a kit built US 40 and Im loving it .... now that GP is re releasing the US 40 and 60 Im shure Ill have a couple more when they become availble
Old 04-18-2007, 03:25 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The blue US40 ARF ws my first ARF. Plastic coated foam board over a balsa stick frame. The plastic bellypan and cowl never fit right and the plane flew sluggish. It was also the only plane I ever lost to a stall when the engine died on takeoff. Mine was also a first production run and I have seen oter US ARFs fly really well and last a long time.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:57 PM
My Feedback: (9)

US 40 ARF is a good flying plane. some of them would loose their covering (blue). If you choose to make it a fixed gear, extensive beefing up is required. The retracts do not like grass fields.