Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 Sig Kobra >

Sig Kobra

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Sig Kobra

Old 04-22-2007, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Kobra

what Futaba Micro Servo well have anoft Torque for the Dol Aileron, Rudder, and Elevator well the well the S3115 with 38.9 be good foar all
Old 04-23-2007, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sig Kobra

3115's aren't really meant for something like the Kobra. They are more suited for small electrics. Standard servos work fine in the Kobra - I'm an average flier and find that S3004's work fine in mine. Best of luck with your Kobra - she's really fun ( and quick ) to fly.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91995.gif
Views:	162
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	670873   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15482.jpg
Views:	1029
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	670874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11262.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	670875  
Old 04-23-2007, 09:57 PM
WMB
My Feedback: (1)

I'm not sure how Hitecs compare to Futaba. I have an HS81 on each aileron and the HS225's on rudder and elevator and HS55 on the throttle. I now have twenty flights, so far so good. I was trying to keep it light, and only succeeded in it not being over weight. Fun to fly
MikeB
Old 04-26-2007, 07:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dan, is that an OS .25 LA? Looks nice with the blue finish--very attractive plane. How's the power? Jim
Old 04-27-2007, 02:20 PM

Hi Jim,

That's right - OS25LA. I've since replaced it with a S.T. G34. The LA wasn't bad once you got the plane in the air, but take off runs were very long. Since I put the G34 in it the Kobra has power to spare. I do miss the ease of the OS setup and reliabilty though. The S.T. seems to be a bit more finicky in set up but I guess that will make me a better engine tuner in the long run.

Dan
Old 04-27-2007, 07:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dan, if the 25 LA is anything like my 25 FP, it would be hard to find an easier, more reliable engine. But it's worth messing with a more powerful engine to get it properly adjusted--very satisfying once you've got it. Any balance problems with the heavier engine?

I have an Enya 30SS that is in-between your two engines in power, but light, like the OS. I've been thinking a Kobra would be perfect for it. You did such a nice job it makes me want one!

Good luck with the engine tuning.

Jim
Old 04-27-2007, 08:38 PM

I had to add a little bit of weight under each side of the stab to get it right but only around 1 1/2 oz. I'm with you on the FP, the LA is very similar - a super dependable little engine. The idle setting is what seems to be giving me the most headaches on the ST - getting it set so the motor transitions properly seems to be what is giving me grief, but I'm learning as I go.

As for the Kobra I have nothing but great things to say about it. It's like a little Ferrari in the sky. I'm a huge Blue Angels fan, hence the scheme but it does get a little difficult to see when it gets out there. You really have to stay on top of it depending on where the sun is to keep your orientation. I'd like to get the King Kobra some day and do it up with retracts and such - I guess I'd have more of a Saleen then....

Dan
Old 05-07-2007, 12:04 PM

My father has one of the super tiger engines. His was really finiky untill it had about 3 gallons worth of flying and i finally talked him into an O.S. A3 plug useing non synthetic fuel. Got it tuned good and now it humms and starts with a quick flick of the wrist. Think they just have a long break in for modern engines.