Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 Stolen, please help if you can >

Stolen, please help if you can

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Stolen, please help if you can

Old 05-06-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen, please help if you can

I was robbed Thursday night (or early Friday morning). Among many power tools, my 11 year old son's Hoffman (Haro) bicycle, my fishing poles and HUGE tackle box FULL of tackle, and my new dremel tool set, the @$$holes stole three motors, a Magnum XL .15 NIB, a Thunder Tiger GP .25 NIB, and a Thunder Tiger Pro .46 used, but excellent. If any or you are in the Kansas City, Joplin, or Springfield Missouri area, and happen to run across any of these motors, I would appreciate a PM or e-mail with any information you can provide. I am from Nevada, MO, kinda in between these three cities, and I am guessing they will take my stuff to Pawn Shops in KC or Joplin, possibly Springfield.
Thankfully they did not take the radio system I had sitting on the bench ready to install in my Sig Kougar.

I know this is a long shot, but any help or info would be appreciated

Dave
[email protected]

417-667-0372 (direct line to my office)
Old 05-06-2007, 10:55 PM

Default RE: Stolen, please help if you can

Man that sucks, I will definitely keep and eye and ear open. I freaking hate people that steal!

mike
Old 05-06-2007, 11:36 PM

Man they really had a feast. Did you left the garage open? It sure was a hit for the thieves, could have they known you?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:50 AM

My 16 year old left the garage door open......I was not happy with him to say the least.

As far as knowing me, not sure, BUT, my wife had a garage sale two weeks before the robbery, we think maybe the thieves cased us out at the sale.

I kow it is a long shot, but if someone stumbles accross a motor, we may be able to find the culprit(s).
Thanks for your help and kind words.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:41 PM

He sure is going to be doing the lawing for a very long time for free, LOL.

Oh, man it sucks. My wife sometimes does the same thing when she throws out the trash or is just chilling in front of the garage cleaning. It happened to one of my neighbors, took all his RC.

I rarely leave my stuff in the garage anymore. There is a school nearby and this is a traffic pedestrian zone for many kids. I have caught a few lurking around from the sidewalk.

it has not happened with RC, but I have had a few friends which I have helped them out doing mechanic work. Its a big mess of tools everywhere. Then like a week later my Gerber is missing, the $40.00 LED flashlight, torx wrenches. I have no proof , but is messed up.
I had just bought a performance fuel pump and the thing was gone with a set of turbo clamps that are very expensive.

Thats why I dont help anyone anymore, if any at all in case of an emergency.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:34 PM

Yea that really sucks. I'm lucky that i live in a gated community of only 60 or so families. I (and most of my neighbors( usually leave the garage door open all the time when my parents or I are home and our community has never had a big problem with theft. Now there is a house being built next to us and a clear view or our garage. I really should think about closing the door. Some of use really have alot of expensive stuff laying around our garages.