Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 Need help choosing setup for plane. >

Need help choosing setup for plane.

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Need help choosing setup for plane.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help choosing setup for plane.

I have a Ace Cloud Dancer 60 that I got in a trade and the engine and electronics never made it to me so now I am going to have to put everything in it. I am looking for advice on the engine and electronics I should get for this plane. I am looking for something that is not expensive but definitely no junk. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 03:35 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Need help choosing setup for plane.

The Cloud Dancer 60 should fly nicely with a Thunder Tiger Pro .61 engine and a standard Hitec flight pack with HS-425BB servos.

The flight pack will run you around $99.99 plus crystal from any major hobby retailer (Tower, Hobby People, etc.), and you will probably need an extra servo for dual aileron servos. It's possible that, if your Cloud Dancer was built as a kit, it could have been constructed for a single aileron servo though.

If the TT Pro .61 is too pricey at $119.99, other good alternatives would be a Super Tigre .61 (ringed or ABC), a Magnum XLS .61A, or Evolution .61NT

Tower Hobbies ships to APO addresses, so picking up a Magnum XLS .61A and a Hitec flight pack and crystal from them would make for convenient shopping:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRLG7&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKYL2&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXN503**&P=V

The Magnum and Super Tigre engines run very well on fuel with little to no nitro content. If you're flying overseas, 15% nitro fuel can be expensive and hard to come by, so being able to use 0% FAI fuel or 5% nitro easily is a plus. The Hitec flight pack components are top quality and the 425BB servos are smooth and strong. This combination should give you good power, great reliability, and top value for your dollar.

Good luck and good shopping!
Old 08-09-2007, 05:19 AM

Big Ed thanks a bunch I know you have helped me with things about this plane before and once again you come through. I am not blaming the guy that shipped to me I think the engine and electronics got lost in the mail. This is just in case he reads this and thinks I am blaming him I am not. Also this is my first plane so I am wondering about the reciever. I have a rd 6000 super and I am wanting to get a reciever compatible with it. Thanks once again
Old 08-09-2007, 05:21 AM

Sorry didnt realize the flight pack came with everything. Thanks ED
Old 08-14-2007, 11:29 AM
My Feedback: (1)

What about the Tower .75 engine? I've heard good things about it and it's cheep

Tower .75 2.2 HP 23 oz w muffler $89

ST .61 ABC 1.8hp 26oz w muffler $99

ST .75 2.1 HP 27oz w muffler $109

Magnum No power rating.. 22.5 oz $89

Evolution 61NT no power rating 25.5Oz w muffler $119