Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 Sport plane for Satio 1.00 >

Sport plane for Satio 1.00

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Sport plane for Satio 1.00

Old 08-15-2007, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport plane for Satio 1.00

Nice site for advice. I enjoyed the recent thread on the best sport plane, but what about narrowing it down for a Satio 1.0 and flying at 3000 feet in Montana. Crashed a couple scale Extras lately, tip stalled too easily, need to get a good stable sport plane again. I just got a Hanger 9 3d Twist for a Satio 1.00 and its not a bad airplane, but I have this second Satio 1.00. Comments are welcome, thanks, its sure smoky up here, lots of wildfires....
Old 08-15-2007, 05:04 PM
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Sport plane for Satio 1.00

Earlier this year I did a review for RCU on the World Models Superchipmunk and I used a Saito 100 in it. It's a great combo and I think you would really enjoy flying it. You can find my review here: [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=814[/link]

Ken
Old 08-16-2007, 01:23 AM
My Feedback: (32)

I,ve found that the Saito 100 works well with just about any single wing plane 7.5 LB and under. I've used it on 4 Star 60, Venture 60 from BTE, and soon, an Epsilon 90. Biplanes have a little more drag but they would be fine if around 6-6.5 Lb
Old 08-16-2007, 07:32 AM
My Feedback: (18)

I dont want to steal the thread, but mvallyman what kind of flying are you wanting to do with the Epsilon?

If you are wanting sport/pattern flying the Saito 100 will probably be OK. If you want 3D I think you will need more. I also think you will most likely have to add a fair bit of nose weight with that engine.

I have an ST90 with a Jett muffler on mine. Its good power for pattern and such and just barely has unlimited vertical but it is really short of power for 3D. With servos and battery close to CG in balances perfectly.

Its great flying plane. I really like mine. Blw, the engine forum moderator has one with a Saito 125 and really likes it
Old 08-16-2007, 11:24 PM
My Feedback: (32)

Gringo, your probably right. I havent bought a motor yet, I borrowed the Saito 100 from my Venture to try it out on the Epsilon and see how I like it, mostly for pattern type flying. If not I will get the 125. As far as I can tell it will balance fine but the battery has to be right behind the firewall.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:37 PM

Obligatory profile suggestion (every thread needs one, you know!)

I fly a Mojo 60 with a Saito 1.00. All up weight is 5 pounds 10 ounces. This is STUPID power, but at your altitude, it might simply be adequate power. . Obviously, given this power-to-weight ratio, you must pay close attention to the left stick and never go to full throttle when flying straight and level or diving. If 3D is not something you want to mess with, you can always dial back the rates and enjoy a very stable and predictable plane. It truly does make a really nice sport ship. It builds fast and is designed to take a beating.

If it's not your cup 'o tea, no hard feelings.....just wanted to share my thoughts.

Erik
Old 08-19-2007, 10:16 PM

Ultra Stick 60 from H9 flys awsome and loves the wind. Or build a Balsa usa stick 40 and throw a saito 100 up front

Stick 40
Old 08-23-2007, 07:30 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sig Hog Bipe, Goldberg Chipmunk?