Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 Texas RC Explorer L ? >

Texas RC Explorer L ?

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Texas RC Explorer L ?

Old 08-28-2007, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas RC Explorer L ?

Hey guys just getting back into RC after an 8 year vacation . I was wondering if any of you guys had the plane listed above . I have only found a few threads on this plane and not much info . Looks like an inexpensive sport plane to me .I've got a Hitec Lazer 4 radio and a OS 40LA as well .Just trying to find something quick and easy to get going again . Any thoughts would be appreciated .
Old 08-28-2007, 11:06 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Texas RC Explorer L ?

Why not look at the World Models Sky Raider Mach II ARF?

It's available from http://www.airborne-models.com for a mere $69.99 plus shipping. The World Models ARFs have a very solid reputation with regard to quality.

The folks at Texas RC seem nice and they're trying hard by all accounts, but they simply don't have a quality product to work with. Their Explorer L seems to be a decent value, but requires all of the usual modifications and fine tuning that budget Chinese ARFs normally require. The Sky Raider Mach II is no masterpiece, but it's a sturdy ARF and a great value.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:28 PM

Default RE: Texas RC Explorer L ?

I can vouch for World Models. I've beat the heck out of 3 of them and they came back wagging their tails. Pretty tough birds.