Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 Hobby Shack/Hobby People REAL THING kit >

Hobby Shack/Hobby People REAL THING kit

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Hobby Shack/Hobby People REAL THING kit

Old 09-09-2007, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Shack/Hobby People REAL THING kit

Many years ago when Hobby Shack (now Hobby People) was selling their Almost sort of "REAL THING" kit for .049 through .09 (if I recall correctly) I purchase one and put it together. I had fun with it but it became a hangar queen. Now that I am trying to get back into the hobby I would like to repair this bird. I know that RC Modeler RCM magazine has a set of plans for the mock 2 version (plan #877) as well as the original. Both indicate that the plane is only 2 or 3 channel but I would like to make it 4 channel. I do not have the original instructions (there were no plans per se).

I wonder if anyone out there has flown this bird and if they made it 4 channel.

I do not have the original wing on it as the wing met its fate early on. I need to make a rudder and a replacement wing so am curious if anyone added aelerons and if so, where they added them (how far out on the wing and how long they made them).

Thank you.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby Shack/Hobby People REAL THING kit

Ok Mooney_Driver, I just located my plan pile, and came up with the August 1973 RCM building instructions, and plan #535 that I purchased some time ago. Gave my kit away to a school in Columbia City, IN a couple of years ago, and then decided I wanted to build it. Tracked down the plans from some outfit, but never had time to build it yet. BTW, the plans show that a .10 engine can be installed. It looks like strip ailerons could be attached to the T.E. of the wing by installing a wider T.E., and then cutting the wider T.E. for the aileron. The model looks like it should fly just fine without ailerons, but kit bashing is fun to do. Let me know what you need, and your address so the info can be put into the mail.

[email protected]
Richard Scherer