Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 Newbie Question Please Help! >

Newbie Question Please Help!

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Newbie Question Please Help!

Old 09-13-2007, 11:35 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Newbie Question Please Help!

I cannot figure out the forum to ask this question so hopefully someone here can help.[]
How in the world do I find replies to my posts when they are replied to?
It takes me forever to find the responses.
I will click and click and get more and more frustrated.[:@]
Is there a tab or something that will take me directly to my posts?
Thanks for any help.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie Question Please Help!

One of the settings for the forums, permits e-mails to be sent back to you for any thread you have ever posted to, whenever someone else posts something to that thread.

That way you get an e-mail back with a link that takes you directly back to the next response on your thread.

Try it.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:36 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you havent already done so, click on the gold bar near the top where it says "Settings"

Scroll down to the blue bar that says "My Preference"

The third block down says "Click to choose My Forums" - Click that, and only select the forums that interest you. So if you're interested in airplanes, but not into Cars or Helis, just check the airplane forums. That way you have a lot less forums to get lost in.

Next, in the reply box, just above the "OK" button, there is a check box that says "Notify me via e-mail when someone replies" Click that check box BEFORE you hit the OK button.

If you forgot to click it, you can still be informed of any new posts by clicking "Subscribe" which is just below that gold bar near the top where the "Settings" button is.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61581.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	762242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70338.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	762243   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92897.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	762244  
Old 09-23-2007, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In addition to the above instructions, when you receive an email reply, the forum response gives you a reply email address. To reply and read the response, just copy and paste the email address to your address bar and then click "Go" and this will take you directly to the responding message. You can copy and paste by highlighting the address in the email you jut received, then, open the "edit" bar and click copy; then put the the cursor on the address bar and again click the "edit" and click "paste". The return adress should now appear in the the address bar and then click "Go".