Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 SSE maiden flight >

SSE maiden flight

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

SSE maiden flight

Old 09-23-2007, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SSE maiden flight

well, finally got the SSE arf up there today. pretty uneventful. i flew my fun51 around a bit first to warm up. I was a little surprised that the SSE seemed a bit calmer than the profile plane even with the throws set a bit larger than the manual states. 2 clicks of down ele and she was perfect. now i just have to wring it out and see what i can make it do.

oh yeah, the new .55AX on it didn't even hiccup either. course i have run about 6 tanks of fuel through it already (5 on the stand, and one horsing around in the yard before i flew the plane. good thing too, the clevis popped off the rudder in the front yard playing around with the ground handling. that woulda sucked on the first flight. seems i forgot to push my little piece of fuel tubing on the clevis. oops. so i think that might have saved the plane.

anyways, cheers everyone.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SSE maiden flight

Congrats on that maiden! Photos?
Old 09-24-2007, 11:33 AM

I haven't taken any, i figured it was bad luck to take pics before it flew. besides anyone that has seen the SSE arf has seen it. i will get some pics up. but it is pretty much plain jane. i didn't sticker it except where i accidentally put the switch in the way of one of the servos and had to fill the hole back up with epoxy. it got a sticker to cover the hole.

pics soon to follow.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please post closeup of sticker!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: yel914

Please post closeup of sticker!
can't do that man... you would then see about the shoddiest (is that a word?) part of my assembly. the only other 2 regrets in the assembly (notice i didn't say build, since it is an ARF.) Were snapping the screw off in the blind nut in the tail for the empennage support wires due to epoxy in the blind nut, and ugly masking tape in the wedge block that i epoxied to support the throttle cable. i couldn't get the masking tape that i put in there to keep the epoxy application clean out of the epoxy since i waited too long to remove it not wanting to break loose the epoxy. so now i have a bit of bright green tape stuck in there forever.

sounds picky actually since you can't see the inside and it flew beautifully... better than i expected for a first flight by far!