Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 Batteries? - Where to Buy them? >

Batteries? - Where to Buy them?

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Batteries? - Where to Buy them?

Old 12-17-2007, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batteries? - Where to Buy them?

Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me where to buy some Flight packs in the 500-600, 720 to 1000 NiMah, 6 volt preferably size packs? I prefer Nimah. They seem to carry some of them in the size and voltage I am looking for in Nicad but not Nimah. My problem is I have been on the Batteries of America, Hangtime Hobbies (NOBS), SR Batteries web sites and they either do not carry the before mentioned type batteries, or the web sites are very confusing (Batteries of America). Now I am not trying to offend anyone and maybe you can steer me in the right direction. I am by no means trying to knock any of these sites, I am just getting a little frustrated and confused. Unfortunately we really do not have any decent local Hobby shops in the area here where I live that carry much in the line of inventory. They all just want to order it for you and I could do that myself and get it delivered to my door, If you know what I mean.

Thanks in advanced [&o]

Ed
Old 12-17-2007, 11:24 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Batteries? - Where to Buy them?

There is always Tower Hobbies to check out:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=MDB

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=MFB

A fair number of pilots are using 7.4V 2S LiPo cells with a 6v voltage regulator to power their receivers. Lots of options out there.

Good luck and good shopping!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:29 AM
My Feedback: (7)

I just browsed the batteries america site, and while I have never used them before, they do appear to have what you are asking about. You need to scroll down quite a bit to get to your section (about halfway down) but it's there. Look for Ni-MH.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:04 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Also try www.radicalrc.com under the "Battery Packs and Parts" heading. I've used their batteries for years with very good results.

Jim
Old 12-18-2007, 03:34 PM
My Feedback: (11)

I second Radical RC, great products and people.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:59 PM

www.cheapbatterypacks.com
Goto the "custom pack" builder and assemble anything you want.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:20 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Do not buy any batteries from Eba%, I did and crashed a new 99" Butterfly. I did recieve a "dumb****" award over it at our club Christmas party though! [:'(] Cheapbatterypacks.com does a good volume so they seem to have fresh batteries and I think that makes some difference. Also consider making your own packs using a higher grade of cells. I would recomend getting a slightly higher Mah (Milli amp hour) or longer lasting pack for sport flying. average packs are 600Mah or 700Mah. Sanyo and panasonic are good brands and offer individual cell and packs. I fly 1100Mah in my LT40 and 4*60 but fly a 350Mha light weight pack in the combat planes to keep weight low.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:25 AM

Hello Guys,

I first off would like to thank all of you who have responded and brought some info to the table. To get a little more into it I am looking for in the 500-600 size packs. It seems that the 500 size packs have grown into 600 size packs for reasons that would take to long to get into here in this post I won't discuss. The 500 - 600 size packs include the NiMah 700 720 as well.

I am looking for these size packs for the Fun-Fly and my Q-500 racers. The weight limit has been increase to 3 lbs./ 12 oz's from 3lbs./8oz's. There is now 4 ounces more to play with in these planes so a bit bigger pack is now needed to increase the weight if your on the light end of the scale. I also fly a U-CAN-DO 3D .60 and a Matt Chapman Cap 580 .46 which is a bit porky out of the box as most guys know from reading thr some threads here on RCU. These planes need batteries in about the 1500 mAh size. Now for Nimah Vs. Nicad 4.8 Vs. 6 Volt. When you start looking for these type of batteries then there are some limitations. You may get the size in mAh you want but not in th Voltage you want and vice versa. I have checked Tower which I am a very Loyal customer to, Advantage Hobby, Batt. America, SR Batteries and NoBS also known as HangTime Hobbies. These are all great sites however there are limitations on each one as to what sizes and Voltage combinations they carry and of course also Price $. I have found what will work but I was throwing it out there to see maybe what unknown battery sites maybe lurking around out there unknown. So if there are any other websites you guys can think of that you may have had personal experience with it would be greatly appreciatedif you foward your suggestions. I hav done searches but nothing is better then word of mouth as far as I am concerned and I think most all will agreewhen it comes to recomending a buisness.

Thanks again Guys to all and to All "Have A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year"

Ed
Old 01-02-2008, 07:00 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Well , this is my first post. I have been out of the sport for some time. Now that the kids are old enough to start I thought I would pick it up again. I never sold my orignal Rick Stick B model and also have an A. I found a crashed Aero Star 40 and just rebuilt it.

I looked for Nimh for Christmas presents for the kids and a good charger. Thomas Distributing was very knowlegable and has a good collection. Sanyo AA with tabs 2000 mah Nimh's are $2.97 each. C10 overcharge protection and at least 500 cycles. No memory. I could not find the weight.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:35 PM

WWW.CHEAPBATTERYPACKS.COM as i said before, go to the custom pack builder and you can pick which cell and how many of them you want and they will assemble them as a pack and add a lead with you choice of wire and plug, what could be easier, and cheap too.

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/?si...gid=custompack
Old 01-03-2008, 02:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: microsprint9
www.cheapbatterypacks.com
Goto the "custom pack" builder and assemble anything you want.
I wouldn't order Nimhs from anywhere else than here. A custom pack: The size you want, in the shape you want it in, with the connector and wire you like, built and shipped quickly.

What else could one ask for? I even order replacement batteries for my portable telephones there. Just cut the wires off the old packs and solder the new pack to the old connector.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:27 AM
My Feedback: (1)

I wouldn't order from anybody that doesn't sell the industry standards. Sanyo being No#1. Planes are way to expensive.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:26 PM

That's why i said www.cheapbatterypacks.com they have lots of different cells to choose from and yes even the #1 sanyo's