Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 Black Horse or Great planes? >

Black Horse or Great planes?

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Black Horse or Great planes?

Old 01-18-2008, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Horse or Great planes?

Hi All

I've been looking at getting a large aerobatic model and have found two models that I'm interested in.

The first one is a Black Horse Extra 300L 1.60 which is BNIB and with it, I've been offered a 2nd hand Moki 180 glow engine and muffler. The engine is not new, but I've been assured that it has only done about 2 hours worth and has not been crashed. Obviously I will have to assemble the model and fit my own electronics.

The other model I'm keen on is a Great Planes, Patty Wagstaff, Extra 300S. It's 2nd hand and comes with a Moki 45cc petrol engine, ignition unit, SM Services isolator switch, JR digital servos (2 per elevator and aileron), battery, CF undercarriage and some spare props. The vendor told me the only damage is a small crack on the canopy from hanger rash and he's selling it because it's too heavy for his local field.

The BH 300L comes out at £300.00 without electronics and the GP 300S £350.00 ready to go sans Rx. I've searched all over for info on these models and can only find a review for the 300S. I'm keen on the BH 300L because it'll go ballistic with the 180, but I would like to know a little about it before committing cash.

Has anyone had any experience with either model? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ant
Old 01-19-2008, 10:21 PM
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Black Horse or Great planes?

Blackhorse.

The GP Patty is heavy. Add a 45cc gas engine, and it's a pig. Flew one--laughed my butt off at the guy. He was telling me how light it was and how it "floated like a feather" More like floating around like a beached whale. [sm=lol.gif]

The Blackhorse with the Moki 180 will be the lightest combo. Airframes are the thing that wears out. Engines last a lot longer than airframes. The Patty is a used airframe and it's had a gas engine mounted. It's suffered a lot of vibration.

The Blackhorse is a new airframe and the Moki is probably not even broke in yet with only 2hrs run time on it. Get the Blackhorse and the Moki.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Black Horse or Great planes?

I would go for black horse because the airframe structure and the wings are very strong